With surprisingly no takers for the Rs 700 crore contract to supply 78 coaches for the Noida-Gr.Noida metro line, the Delhi Metro Rail Corp has now released a new tender inviting bids for 76 coaches at an estimated cost of Rs 800 crore. The notification for that tender can be viewed here.
As per DMRC officials, not a single bidder had applied to the earlier tender which was released in April. This lends one to believe that the Rs 700 crores estimated base cost was not a viable figure for any Rolling Stock manufacturing company to make a suitable ROI on. With the new tender invited, the DMRC hopes to finalize the supplier of the coaches by October 20 which is just 35 days away!
The tender notice reveals the following:
- Last date for submitting the tender is October 20 at 11 am
- The selected agency will have to supply all the coaches within 114 weeks (a little more than 2 years)
- Instead of 26 train-sets of 3 coaches, now they will operate 19 train-sets of 4 coaches
- Trains can be extended to 6 coaches in the future
- Tenders will be opened and evaluated on October 20 at 11:05 am.
Trains are expected to run at a frequency of every 5 minutes and each train will have the capacity to ferry 1,200 passengers (300/coach).
For more updates on the Noida – Greater Noida Metro, check out the Noida-Gr.Noida section of The Metro Rail Guy!