Hisar Airport – Status, Master Plan & Design
Maharaja Agrasen Airport’s expansion project is under construction in Hisar, Haryana by Airports Authority of India (AAI). Currently, Phase 2 is under construction with a December 2022 deadline.
The airport will be upgraded to an international airport by 2030. It will eventually see the development of a new MRO, aerospace university, aerospace and defense manufacturing industrial zone, logistics and food parks, etc. over an area spread across 10,000 acre.
In the future, Hisar Airport will be connected by semi high-speed train services with the RRTS project’s Delhi – Bahadurgarh – Rohtak – Hisar line. An underground station is planned to be built.
- Phase 1: Domestic Airport (Completed)
- Phase 2: Runway Extension & MRO (In progress & completion by December 2022)
- Phase 3: International Airport, Aerocity and Industrial hub – (To be completed by 2030)
- Area: 7200 acre
- Total Estimated Cost: Unknown
- Deadline: 2030
- Owner & Operator: Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Architect: Unknown
- Civil Construction Contractor: Unknown
Current Status & Tenders
Video by a local YouTuber shot in December 2021 showing the extended runway’s work:
Location & Access
The project’s site (view on Google Maps) is located north of Hisar city along Hisar-Delhi Bypass Road (NH-9).
Phase 2 Master Plan
Page last updated: December 24, 2022. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here