Indore Metro – Information, Route Maps, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Indore Metro is an under construction mass rapid transit system (MRTS) being built to serve Indore, the most populous and largest city of Madhya Pradesh state, by the Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Co Limited (MPMRCL).
Indore Metro’s master plan with 94 kms of routes was prepared by Rohit Associates Cities & Rails Pvt.Ltd and envisions 4 metro lines & 2 spurs criss-crossing the city out of which 1 line (Line-3 – a ring line) has been selected for implementation in Phase 1.
Indore Metro’s Phase 1 project’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) with 33.53 km of routes was approved by the state government in December 2016 and by the Central Government’s cabinet in October 2018.
The project was originally planned to be partly funded through an official development assistance (ODA) loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), but will now be funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for an undisclosed amount and New Development Bank (NDB) for $225 million.
In September 2019, the Phase 1 project’s foundation stone was laid was by the state’s Chief Minister. Construction work commenced in February 2019 and is expected to be completed in 2026.
- Top Speed: 80 kmph
- Average Speed: 34 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 750 V DC Third Rail
- Signalling: Communications-based Train Control (CBTC)
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 5.29 km | Approved: 26.24 km | Proposed: 57.18 km
- Estimated Cost: Rs.7500.80 cr
- Estimated Daily Ridership: 2.50 lakh/day (2027)
Indore Metro Phase 1 Lines (Approved)
Line-3: Palasia – Railway Station – Rajwara- Airport – Bhawarsala – MR10 – Palasia (Ring Line)
- Length: 33.53 km
- Type: Elevated & Underground
- Status: 5.29 km is under construction between ISBT/MR10 Flyover – Mumtaj Bag Colony
- Number of Stations: 30
- Station Names: Bhawarsala Square, MR 10 Road, ISBT / MR 10 Flyover, Chandragupta Square, Hira Nagar, Bapat Square, Meghdoot Garden, Vijay Nagar Square, Radisson Square, Mumtaj Bag Colony, Bengali Square, Patrakar Coloy, Palasia Square, High Court / Hotel Residency, Indore Railway Station, Rajwada Palace, Maulana Azad Marg, Bada Ganpati, Ramchandra Nagar Square, Kalani Nagar, BSF, Airport, Gandhi Nagar Nanod, Super Corridor 6, Super Corridor 5, Super Corridor 4, Super Corridor 3, Super Corridor 2 and Super Corridor 1
Indore Metro Proposed Lines
Line-1A: Sri Aurobindo Hospital – Collectorate office – Indore Bypass 1
- Number of Stations: 18
- Station Names: Sri Aurobindo Hospital, Bhawarsala Square, Sanwer Industrial Area, Ganesh Sham Colony, Banganga, Laxmibai Nagar Square, Mara Mata Square, Imli Bazar Chowk, Rajwada Palace, Collectorate Office, Indore Icchapur Rail Crossing, Tower Square, Bhawarkuan Square, Holkar University/IT Park, Rani Bagh, Limbodi, Ralamandal, Indore Bypass 1
Line-1B: Sri Aurobindo Hospital – Collectorate office – Regional Park (1B)
- Number of Stations: 13
- Station Names: Sri Aurobindo Hospital, Bhawarsala Square, Sanwer Industrial Area, Ganesh Sham Colony, Banganga, Laxmibai Nagar Square, Mara Mata Square, Imli Bazar Chowk, Rajwada Palace, Collectorate Office, Central Excise, Choithram, Regional Park
Line-2: Dewas Naka – Juni Indore – MHOW
- Number of Stations: 28
- Station Names: Dewas Naka, Niranjanpur Circle, Aranya Nagar, IDA Park, Vijay Nagar Square, Bhamori, Patni Pura/St Joseph Church, Malwa Mill Square, Raj Kumar Bridge, Indore Railway Station, Juni Indore, Collectorate Office, Mhow Naka, Dusshera Maidan, Annapuran Temple, Narmada Public School (Ring Road), Rajendra Nagar, Reti Mandi, IPS Academy, Shramik Colony, Indore Bypass-2, Pigdambar, Umariya, Maa Vaishanodevi Hospital, Haranyakheri / IIT Indore, Chinar Residency, MHOW
Line-4: MR9 – Indore Railway Station – Indore Bypass 4
- Number of Stations: 16
- Station Names: MR9, Convention Center, Lahiya Colony, Chandragupta Square, Sukliya, Nanda Nagar Main Road, Mazdoor Maidan, Rajkumar Bridge, Indore Railway Station, Chhavani, Sri Agrasen Maharaj Chowk, Navlakha Bus Station, Teen Imli, Babul Nagar, Musakhedi, Indore Bypass 4
Indore Metro Phase 1 Route Map
Official line colors have not been announced yet.
An official PDF route map of Indore Metro’s network master plan can be viewed and downloaded here.
Indore Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
Indore Metro’s fare structure, prices and rules have not been announced yet. That will be finalized closer to the start of commercial operations. MPMRCL plans to use the latest technologies for its automatic fare collection (AFC) system to allow QR codes and Near Field Communication (NFC) phones to utilize the system.
Indore Metro Tenders
Indore Metro Contractors List
|Detailed Project Report (DPR) Preparer||Rohit Associates Cities & Rails Pvt.Ltd|
|General Consultant (GC)||DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH – Geodata Engineering S.p.A. – Louis Berger Group JV|
|5.29 km viaduct of Line-3: ISBT/MR10 Flyover – Mumtaj Bag Colony||
Dilip Buildcon Ltd.
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: July 25, 2020. Spot an issue? Let me know here.