Indore Metro – Information, Route Maps, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Menu: News & Construction Updates | Overview
Indore Metro is an under construction mass rapid transit system (MRTS) being built to serve Indore, the most populous and largest city of Madhya Pradesh state, by the Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Co Limited (MPMRCL).
Indore Metro’s Priority Corridor is expected to be completed and opened in August 2024, beyond its August 2023 deadline. Phase 1 is expected to be completed in 2027.
Indore Metro’s master plan with 94 kms of routes was prepared by Rohit Associates Cities & Rails Pvt.Ltd and envisions 4 metro lines & 2 spurs criss-crossing the city out of which 1 line (Yellow Line / Line-3 – a ring line) has been selected for implementation in Phase 1.
Indore Metro’s Phase 1 project’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) with 33.53 km of routes was approved by the state government in December 2016 and by the Central Government’s cabinet in October 2018.
The project was originally planned to be partly funded through an official development assistance (ODA) loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), but will now be funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for an undisclosed amount and New Development Bank (NDB) for $225 million.
In September 2019, the Phase 1 project’s foundation stone was laid was by the state’s Chief Minister. Construction work commenced in February 2019 and is expected to be completed in 2027.
- Top Speed: 80 kmph
- Average Speed: 34 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 750 V DC Third Rail
- Signalling: Communications-based Train Control (CBTC)
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 16.217 km | Approved: 15.1313 km | Proposed: 57.18 km
- Estimated Cost: Rs.7500.80 cr
- Estimated Daily Ridership: 2.50 lakh/day (2027)
Indore Metro Phase 1 Lines (Approved)
Yellow Line (Line-3): Palasia – Railway Station – Rajwara- Airport – Bhawarsala – MR10 – Palasia (Ring Line)
- Length: 33.53 km
- Type: Elevated & Underground
- Status: 16.217 km is under construction between Gandhi Nagar – Mumtaj Bag Colony
- Depot: Super Corridor
- Number of Stations: 30
- Station Names: Bhawarsala Square, MR 10 Road, ISBT / MR 10 Flyover, Chandragupta Square, Hira Nagar, Bapat Square, Meghdoot Garden, Vijay Nagar Square, Radisson Square, Mumtaj Bag Colony, Bengali Square, Patrakar Coloy, Palasia Square, High Court / Hotel Residency, Indore Railway Station, Rajwada Palace, Maulana Azad Marg, Bada Ganpati, Ramchandra Nagar Square, Kalani Nagar, BSF, Airport, Gandhi Nagar Nanod, Super Corridor 6, Super Corridor 5, Super Corridor 4, Super Corridor 3, Super Corridor 2 and Super Corridor 1
Indore Metro Proposed Lines
Line-1A: Sri Aurobindo Hospital – Collectorate office – Indore Bypass 1
- Number of Stations: 18
- Station Names: Sri Aurobindo Hospital, Bhawarsala Square, Sanwer Industrial Area, Ganesh Sham Colony, Banganga, Laxmibai Nagar Square, Mara Mata Square, Imli Bazar Chowk, Rajwada Palace, Collectorate Office, Indore Icchapur Rail Crossing, Tower Square, Bhawarkuan Square, Holkar University/IT Park, Rani Bagh, Limbodi, Ralamandal, Indore Bypass 1
Line-1B: Sri Aurobindo Hospital – Collectorate office – Regional Park (1B)
- Number of Stations: 13
- Station Names: Sri Aurobindo Hospital, Bhawarsala Square, Sanwer Industrial Area, Ganesh Sham Colony, Banganga, Laxmibai Nagar Square, Mara Mata Square, Imli Bazar Chowk, Rajwada Palace, Collectorate Office, Central Excise, Choithram, Regional Park
Line-2: Dewas Naka – Juni Indore – MHOW
- Number of Stations: 28
- Station Names: Dewas Naka, Niranjanpur Circle, Aranya Nagar, IDA Park, Vijay Nagar Square, Bhamori, Patni Pura/St Joseph Church, Malwa Mill Square, Raj Kumar Bridge, Indore Railway Station, Juni Indore, Collectorate Office, Mhow Naka, Dusshera Maidan, Annapuran Temple, Narmada Public School (Ring Road), Rajendra Nagar, Reti Mandi, IPS Academy, Shramik Colony, Indore Bypass-2, Pigdambar, Umariya, Maa Vaishanodevi Hospital, Haranyakheri / IIT Indore, Chinar Residency, MHOW
Line-4: MR9 – Indore Railway Station – Indore Bypass 4
- Number of Stations: 16
- Station Names: MR9, Convention Center, Lahiya Colony, Chandragupta Square, Sukliya, Nanda Nagar Main Road, Mazdoor Maidan, Rajkumar Bridge, Indore Railway Station, Chhavani, Sri Agrasen Maharaj Chowk, Navlakha Bus Station, Teen Imli, Babul Nagar, Musakhedi, Indore Bypass 4
Indore Metro Phase 1 Route Map
Note: only Line-3 has been assigned an official line color (yellow) till now.
An official PDF route map of Indore Metro’s network master plan can be viewed and downloaded here.
Indore Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
Indore Metro’s fare structure, prices and rules have not been announced yet. That will be finalized closer to the start of commercial operations. MPMRCL plans to use the latest technologies for its automatic fare collection (AFC) system to allow QR codes and Near Field Communication (NFC) phones to utilize the system.
Indore Metro Tenders
Indore Metro Contractors List
|Detailed Project Report (DPR) Preparer||Rohit Associates Cities & Rails Pvt.Ltd|
|General Consultant (GC)||DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH – Geodata Engineering S.p.A. – Louis Berger Group JV|
|Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) of Line-3’s Depot||RITES – Ardanuy Ingeniería JV|
|Package-02A/01: Construction of 5.29 km viaduct between ISBT/MR10 Flyover – Mumtaj Bag Colony||Dilip Buildcon Ltd.|
|IN-02: Construction of 7 stations between ISBT/MR10 Flyover – Radisson Square||Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd (RVNL) (3 bids received in July 2021)|
|IN-03: Construction of 10.927 km MR10 Road Station – Gandhi Nagar Station section with 9 elevated stations on Super Corridor’||Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd (RVNL) (only 1 bid received from RVNL in July 2021)|
|IN-04: Construction of 5.2 km viaduct and 5 elevated stations between Shaheed Bagh – Palasia Chauraha||5 Bids Submitted in August 2023|
|IN-07: Gandhi Nagar Depot||KSM Bashir Mohammad and Sons|
|IN-08: Ballastless Track of Standard Gauge for underground corridor and Gandhi Nagar Depot||Texmaco Rail – ISC Projects JV|
|IN-09: Electrification – 750 V DC 3rd Rail, SCADA, Power Supply, RSS, TSS & ASS||Kalpataru Power Transmission|
|BH-IN-02: 156 Rolling Stock Cars for Bhopal & Indore metros including Signaling and Train Control and Telecommunication Systems||Alstom Transport|
|BH-IN-03A: Supply of 1260 MT UIC 60 E1 Profile 880 Grade Rails||Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (JSPL)|
|BH-IN-03B: Supply of 8425 MT Head Hardened Rails||Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (JSPL)|
|BH-IN-03C: Design Manufacturing and Supply of Standard Gauge 60 E1 UIC 60 Turnouts||Vossloh Cogifer|
|BH-IN-06A: Two numbers of Automatic CNC Underfloor Wheel Lathe and four numbers of Electric Shunter||HYT Engineering Company|
|BH-IN-06B: Two sets RRV and Shunter||Premier India Agencies|
|BH-IN-06C: Automatic Train Wash Plant for Depots at Bhopal Metro and Indore Metro Rail projects||Swastik Overseas|
|BH-IN-06D: Two sets of Pit Jack, two sets of Mobile Jack and ten numbers of Bogie Turn Table||STAHL Cransystems India|
|BH-IN-07: Open Loop EMV NCMC card and QR code based Automatic Fare Collection AFC System based on PPP Revenue Model for Bhopal and Indore||Bidding Underway for Re-tender (State Bank of India (SBI) was only bidder in original round)|
|BH-IN-10A: Heavy Duty Machine Room Less Gear Less Lifts and Heavy Duty Escalators||Otis Elevator Company (India) Ltd.|
|BH-IN-11: Independent Safety Accessor||Bidding Underway|
|BH-IN-13A: Signage and graphics for 8 stations of Bhopal Metro and 16 stations of Indore Metro||Bidding Underway|
|BH-IN-16: Design Verification Engineer (DVE)||5 Bids Submitted in October|
|BH-IN-21: Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for for Electrical and Mechanical works at 9 underground and 24 elevated stations of Bhopal and Indore Metro||Bidding Underway|
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Menu: News & Construction Updates | Overview
Page last updated: November 19, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.