Noida Metro – Information, Route Maps, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Menu: News & Construction Updates | Overview
Noida Metro with 1 line and 21 stations is an urban Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) built by the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) to serve Delhi’s suburbs of Noida & Greater Noida.
Construction on Noida Metro’s 29.7 km elevated Line-1 started in May 2015. This line opened to the public in record time for commercial operations on 25 January, 2019 at an estimated project completion cost of Rs. 5,503 crore.
In December 2019, the Uttar Pradesh government approved the construction of a 14.95 km extension of Line-1 from Sector 52 to Knowledge Park V with an estimated cost of Rs. 2,682 crore.
In December 2020, NMRC and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation signed an agreement through which DMRC will be providing General Consultant (GC) and Project Management Consultant (PMC) services to develop the Aqua Line’s 9.6 km extension from Sector 51 to Greater Noida Sector-2.
Further extensions and various other new lines are currently on the drawing board, with funding yet to be secured.
- Top Speed: 95 kmph
- Average Speed: 35 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25 kV, 50 Hz AC OHE
- Signalling: Communication-based Train Control (CBTC)
Operational: 29.7 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Approved: 14.95 km | Proposed: 70 km
- Daily Ridership: 23,000/day (February 2020)
- Rolling Stock: 76 coaches (19 train-sets x 4) supplied by CRRC
Noida Metro Operational Route
Line-1 – Aqua Line: Sector 51 – Greater Noida Depot
- Length: 29.7 km
- Estimated Cost: Rs. 5,503 crore
- Type: Elevated
- Depot: Greater Noida Sector 34
- Number of Stations: 21
- Stations Names: Noida Sector-51, Sector-50, Sector-76, Sector-101, Sector-81, NSEZ (erst. Dadri road), Sector-83, Sector-137, Sector-142, Sector-143, Sector-144, Sector-146, Sector-147, Sector-148 in Noida. Knowledge Park II, Pari Chowk, Alpha-1, Delta-1, GNIDA Office and Depot stations in Greater Noida.
Noida Metro Approved Routes
Line-1 – Aqua Line: Sector 51 – Knowledge Park V
- Length: 14.95 km
- Estimated Cost: Rs. 2,682 crore
- Note: This extension of the Aqua Line was approved by Uttar Pradesh’s Cabinet in December 2019 and will be developed in 2 phases.
- Phase 1: Sector 51 to Greater Noida Sector-2 (9.605 km)
- Phase 1 Stations (5): Noida Sector 122, Noida Sector 123, Greater Noida Sector 4, Ecotech 12 (Tech Zone) and Greater Noida Sector 2
- Phase 2: Greater Noida Sector-2 to Knowledge Park V (5.8 km)
- Phase 2 Stations (4): Greater Noida Sector 3, Sector 10, Sector 12 and Knowledge Park V
Noida Metro Proposed New Routes
Various new lines are currently on the drawing board. Some of them are:
Extension of Aqua Line: Depot Station to Chamrawali Bodaki (3.5 km)
- Note: this eastward extension of Line-1 proposes to connect a residential township being developed for the Delhi – Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).
New Line – Sector 142 – Botanical Garden
- Length: 11.504 km
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Elevated
- Note: Alignment and line color have not been finalized
New Line – Greater Noida Knowledge Park II – Jewar Airport
- Length: 53.95 km
- Status: Proposed (DPR finalized by DMRC & submitted to YEIDA)
- Type: Elevated (Express & Local services)
- Number of Stations: 25
- Station Names: Greater Noida’s Knowledge Park-II, Chi-I, Chi-II, Chi-III, Chi-IV, Gautam Budh University, Night Safari, Murshadpur, Yamuna Authority’s Sector 26A, Noida International University, Galgotia University, Sector 17A, Sports City, Sector 22A, Sector 22B, Sector 18A, Sector 22C, Sector 19, Sector 2, Sector 20, Sector 21, Sector 28, Sector 29, Nagla Hukum Singh and Jewar Airport
Noida Metro Line-1 Route Map (Operational)
The embedded map below shows the exact location of all stations and can be zoomed into!
An official PDF route map of Noida Metro will be added here when available.
Noida Metro Line-1 Future Route Map (2024)
Noida Metro Future Master Plan Route Map (2030)
Key: Line-1: Aqua Line | Proposed lines (shown in Red & Green)
Noida Metro Tenders
Latest Noida Metro (NMRCL) tender notices can be viewed on NMRCL’s website. News on these notices, their bidders, tenders awarded and contracts are covered in further detail on the news & construction page.
Noida Metro Major Contractors
|NCDD-01||Detailed Design Consultant||AYESA|
|NRS1||76 Coaches (Rolling Stock)||CRRC|
|NE-01/02||OHE & SCADA System||Siemens|
|NS-01||CBTC Signalling and Telecommunication Systems||Ansaldo STS – ZTE Corporation – ZTE Telecom|
|NC-01||Construction of viaduct & 8 stations from Sector 71-137||CEC-SAM India|
|NC-02||Construction of viaduct & 7 stations from Sector 142-149||CEC-SAM India|
|NC-03||Construction of viaduct & 6 stations from Knowledge Park II-Depot||CEC-SAM India|
|NC-04||Construction of Depot & Workshop Buildings||Anupam Constructions|
|NC-05||Design, Fabrication & Erection of Pre-engineered Steel Buildings at Depot||Jindal Buildsys|
|NGNDDC||Detailed Design Consultant for Noida Sector-51 to Greater Noida Sector-2||LKT Engineerinng|
|NGNC-01||Construction of Noida Sector-51 to Greater Noida Sector-2 (9.605 km viaduct & 5 stations)||Bids Reinvited in November 2020. 2 bids received from GR Infra & Sam India|
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Menu: Construction Updates | Overview
Page last updated: April 25, 2021. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.