Ahmedabad – Rajkot Semi High Speed Rail – Information, Route Map, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Ahmedabad – Rajkot Semi High-Speed Rail Project is a 227.60 km proposed semi high-speed rail line connecting Ahmedabad and Rajkot in Gujarat through 6 stations with an estimated cost of Rs. 28,291.44 crore.
Trains on the line will operate with a top speed of 160 kmph and cover the distance between Ahmedabad and Rajkot in two hours, reducing travel times from the 4.5 hours it takes via National Highway NH-34.
The line will connect to the 508 km Mumbai – Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Line at Sabarmati and act as a feeder, effectively reducing the travel time between Rajkot and Mumbai from 12 hours to less than 5 hours.
The project received an in-principle approval from the Gujarat government in November 2019, and will be executed by the Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation (G-RIDE), a joint venture of the Ministry of Railways and Govt. of Gujarat incorporated on January 6, 2017.
- Top Speed: 160 kmph
- Average Speed: 120 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435mm
- Rolling Stock: 9 trains x 10 coaches
- Traction: 25 KV AC overhead catenary (OHE)
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Approved: 0 km | Proposed: 227.6 km
- Estimated Daily Ridership: 30,079 passengers
- Land Acquisition: 86 km (approx 430 hectares)
- Alignment Shared with State and National Highways: 119 km
- Alignment Shared with Indian Railways’ Tracks: 22 km
Project Cost: Rs. 28,291.44 crores
- Civil Construction: Rs. 21,391.44 crore
- Land Acquisition: Rs. 4,500 crore
- Rolling Stock: Rs. 600 crore
- Depot Facility: Rs. 500 crore
- Miscellaneous: Rs 1,300 crore
Ahmedabad – Rajkot SHSR Route Information
- Length: 227.6 km
- Type: Elevated & At-Grade
- Number of Stations: 6
- Station Names: Sabarmati, Sanand, Bavla, Limbdi, Chotila and Rajkot
Ahmedabad – Rajkot SHSR Route Map
Note: Alignment and location of stations are tentative and official line color hasn’t been set.
An official PDF route map of the Ahmedabad – Rajkot SHSR line will be added here when available.
Ahmedabad – Rajkot SHSR Fares (Prices)
Fares in 2019 were estimated to cost Rs 3.25 per km. The line’s official fare structure, prices and rules have not been announced. That will be finalized closer to the start of commercial operations.
Ahmedabad – Rajkot SHSR Tenders
Latest G-RIDE Ahmedabad – Rajkot SHSR tender notices can be viewed on G-RIDE’s website. News on these notices, their bidders, awarded tenders and contracts will be covered in further detail on the news & construction page.
Ahmedabad – Rajkot SHSR Contracts
|Preliminary Studies||Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS)|
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: December 12, 2020. Spot an issue? Let me know here.