Konkan Expressway – Information & Status
388 km Konkan Expressway (ME-6) by MSRDC is a proposed 6 lane access-controlled highway with a route alignment in Maharashtra connecting Panvel (Navi Mumbai) and Sindhudurg via Raigad and Ratnagiri.
This greenfield expressway by proposed Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government will run parallel to the Maharashtra coastline and connect 3 districts of Raigad, Ratnagiri, and Sindhudurg. The expressway is expected to reduce travel time between Mumbai and Sindhudurg to about 3 hours from the current 6-7 hours.
The project’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) is currently being prepared. Land acquisition has not yet started.
- Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 25,000 crore
- Project’s Length: 388 km (approx.)
- Lanes: 6 + 2 services lanes
- Design Speed: 150 kmph
- Status: Land Acquisition Underway
- Deadline: N/A
- Owner: Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC)
- Project Model: N/A
- Land Requirement: 4205.21 Hectares (1029.11 Ha. in Raigad, 2045.28 Ha. in Ratnagiri and 1130.81 Ha. in Sindhudurg)
An official PDF route map will be added here when available.
- The expressway’s alignment will follow the end point of the Virar Alibaug Multi Modal Corridor on the NH-66 near Shitole, up to the Dharamtar Creek near Village Shahabaj. From there, it will deviate south servicing the Konkan belt.
- The alignment is being reworked for avoidance of Western Ghats Eco Sensitive Zone and a revised alignment will be submitted to the Government of Maharashtra for approval.
Section 3 for Land Acquisition has been submitted to the Government of Maharashtra, which will again be reworked as alignment is subject to change due to ESZ. Section 15 for Land Acquisition has been completed for package 1
In August 2020, MSRDC invited tenders to prepare the project’s DPR in 4 sections (each 100-125 km long). Winners are unknown.
- Chirle Village (Panvel), Raigad Distict to Raigad/Ratnagiri District Border
- Raigad/Ratnagiri District Border to Guhargar-Chiplun (NH-166E) in Ratnagiri
- Guhargar-Chiplun (NH-166E) in Ratnagiri to Ratnagiri/Sindhugarh District Border
- Ratnagiri/Sindhugarh District Border to Patradevi on Maharashtra/Goa State Border
Tenders & Contractors
This section will be updated when tender notices for its construction are invited
|Package & Chainage||Contractor (Value)|
Page last updated: September 22, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.