Surat – Chennai Expressway – Information & Status
1220 km Surat – Chennai Expressway by NHAI is an under construction 6 lane partially access-controlled highway with an alignment passing by Nasik, Ahmednagar, Solapur, Kalaburgi, Kurnool, Kadappa & Tirupati to link Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana and Tamil Nadu.
- Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 45,000 crore
- Project’s Length: 1220 km (approx.)
- Lanes: 6
- Design Speed: 120 kmph
- Status: Under Construction, Under Bidding & Land Acquisition
- Deadline: December 2026
- Owner: National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- Project Model: Hybrid Annuity Model (HAM)
Expressway term is a misnomer. The project is a combination of 2 partially access-controlled economic corridors with greenfield and brownfield-upgraded sections:
- 513 km: Surat – Nashik – Ahmednagar – Solapur Economic Corridor
- 707 km: Solapur – Kurnool – Chennai Economic Corridor
- EC-413: Surat – Nashik – Ahmednagar section in Gujarat and Maharashtra (290.70 km). Its DPR was prepared by Aarvee Associates – Nag Infrastructure Engineers and Consultant JV
- Ahmednagar – Solapur – Akkalkot – MH/KN Border in Maharashtra (225.25 km)
- EC-408: MH/KN Border – Mahabubnagar section in Maharashtra – Karnataka – Telangana (230 km)
The rest of the corridor would be improved widening the existing two-lane roads into four lanes.
Alignment in red shows Surat – Ahmednagar section. An official PDF route map of the entire corridor will be added when available.
Visit the Economic Corridor pages below for tender details, contractors and current status:
Page last updated: June 25, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.