Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro – Information, Route Map, Tenders & Updates
Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro project with a network of 4 lines is a 268.63 km regional rapid transit system (RRTS) that proposes to utilize the Central Railways’ existing tracks to connect Nagpur with nearby towns of Wardha, Katol, Narkhed, Ramtek and Bhandara via a modern comfortable railway system.
The project was first proposed in 2018. Its Detailed Project Report (DPR) was prepared by Urban Mass Transit Company (UMTC) in 2019 and estimates the project to cost Rs 418 crore, half of which will go towards procuring modern rolling stock.
The project’s DPR was approved by the Railway Board in November 2019 and envisions 70% of its total cost to be financed via a loan and 30% to be financed through the Maharashtra and central governments.
• Top Speed: 200 kmph
• Operating Speed: 160 kmph
• Track Gauge: Broad Gauge – 1676 mm
• Rolling Stock: 3 coaches (DT-T-DT)
• Capacity: 885 passengers
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Approved: 0 km | Proposed: 268.63 km
Project Cost: Rs 418 Crores
• Rolling Stock: Rs. 200 cr
• Depot: Rs. 80 cr
• Station Integration with Nagpur Metro: Rs. 25 cr
• Station upgrades: Rs 23.12 cr
• IT Infrastructure: Rs. 15 cr
• Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System: Rs. 11.64 cr
• Pre-operative / Admin Expenses: Rs. 4.97 cr
• Taxes: Rs 48 cr
Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro Routes
Line 1: Nagpur – Wardha
• Length: 78.8 km
• Estimated Daily Ridership: 5,669
• End-to-End Travel Time: 70 mins
• Number of Stations: 13
• Station Names: Nagpur Junction, Ajni, Khapri, Gumgaon, Bori, Borkhedi, Sindi, Tuljapur, Dahegaon, Seloo Road, Varud, Sewagram, Wardha Junction
Line-2: Nagpur – Narkhed
• Length: 85.53 km
• Estimated Daily Ridership: 2,616
• End-to-End Travel Time: 75 mins
• Number of Stations: 11
• Station Names: Nagpur Junction, Godhani, Bharatwada, Kalmeshwar, Kohali, Sonkhamb, Metpanjra, Katol, Kalambha, Tinkheda, Narkher Junction
Line-3: Nagpur – Ramtek
• Length: 41.6 km
• Estimated Daily Ridership: 3,929
• End-to-End Travel Time: 60 mins
• Number of Stations: 7
• Station Names: Nagpur Junction, Kalamna, Kamptee, Kanhan Junction, Dumri Khurd, Amdi Halt, Ramtek
Line-4: Nagpur – Bhandara Road
• Length: 62.7 km
• Estimated Daily Ridership: 2,556
• End-to-End Travel Time: 55 mins
• Number of Stations: 8
• Station Names: Nagpur Junction, Kalamna, Kamptee, Kanhan Junction, Chacher, Rewral, Khat, Bhandara Road
Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro Route Map
Line-1 | Line-2 | Line-3 & Line-4
An official PDF route map of Nagpur Metro will be added here when available.
Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro Fares (Prices)
The system’s fare structure, prices and rules have not been announced yet. That will be finalized closer to the start of commercial operations
Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro Tenders
Latest Nagpur Broad Gauge Metro (Maha-Metro) tender notices can be viewed on Maha-Metro’s website. News on these notices, their bidders, awarded tenders and contracts will be covered in further detail on the news & construction page.
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: May 11, 2020. Spot an issue? Let me know here.