Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project – Information & Route Map
Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project (BSRP) is an approved 149.348 km commuter rail network with 64 stations in Bangalore, Karnataka.
The project’s feasibility report and final detailed project report (view DPR’s PDF) were prepared by RITES suggesting 4 lines / corridors. The project was approved for construction by India’s Central Government in October 2020 with an estimated cost of Rs. 15,767 crore.
Its foundation stone will be laid on June 20, 2022 by India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The project is being implemented by Rail Infrastructure Development Company (Karnataka) Limited (K-RIDE) with a deadline of 2026.
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Approved: 149.348 km
Elevated Routes: 45.392 km | At-Grade Routes: 103.856 km
- Maximum Speed: 90 kmph
- Operational Speed: 35 kmph
- Track Gauge: Broad Gauge
Bengaluru Suburban Rail Route Information
Corridor 1: Sampige Line
- Route: KSR Bengaluru – Yelahanka – Devanahalli
- Length: 41.478 km
- Type: Elevated (19.22 km) & At-Grade (22.278 km)
- Depot: Akkupet Depot
- Number of Stations: 15 (8 elevated & 7 at-grade)
- Station Names: KSR Bengaluru City (interchange), Srirampura (future), Malleswaram, Yesvantpur (interchange), Muthyal Nagar, Lottegollahalli (interchange), Kodigehalli, Judicial Layout, Yelahanka, Nitte Meenakshi, Bettahalasoor, Doddajala, Airport Trumpet, Airport Terminal, Airport KIADB, Devanahalli
- Note: A suburban rail link is proposed to Bengaluru International Airport
Corridor 2: Mallige Line
- Route: Baiyyappanahalli Terminal – Chikkabanavara
- Length: 24.866 km
- Type: Elevated (7.723 km) & At-Grade (17.143 km)
- Depot: Jalahalli Depot
- Number of Stations: 14 (6 elevated & 8 at-grade)
- Station Names: Chikka Banavara, Myadarahalli, Shettyhalli, Jalahalli (future), Yesvantpur (interchange), Lottegollahalli (interchange), Hebbal, Kanaka Nagar, Nagawara, Kaveri Nagar (future), Banaswadi, Seva Nagar, Kasturi Nagar, Baiyapanahalli (interchange)
Corridor 3: Parijaata Line
- Route: Kengeri – Whitefield
- Length: 35.52 km
- Type: Elevated (10.40 km) & At-Grade (25.12 km)
- Number of Stations: 14 (4 elevated & 10 at-grade)
- Station Names: Kengeri, RV College (future), Jnanabharati, Nayandahalli, Krishnadevaraya, Jagjeevanram Nagar, KSR Bengaluru City (interchange), Kumara Park, Bengaluru Cantt, Bengaluru East, Baiyapannahalli, Krishnarajapura, Hoodi, Whitefield
Corridor 4: Kanaka Line
- Route: Heelalige – Rajankute
- Length: 46.285 km
- Type: Elevated (8.049 km) & At-Grade (39.716 km)
- Depot: Silkboard Depot
- Number of Stations: 21 (2 elevated & 19 at-grade)
- Station Names: Rajakunte, Muddana Halli, Yelahanka (interchange), Jakkur, Hegde Nagar, Thanisandra, Hennur, Horamavu, Channasandra, Benniganahalli (interchange), Kagadaspura, Doddanekundi, Marathahalli, Belandur Road, Carmelaram, Ambedkar Nagar, Hsukur, Singena Agrahara (future), Bommasandra (future), Heelalige
Note: 5 stations will serve as interchange stations – Bangalore City (1 & 3), Yesvantapur (1 & 2), Lottegollahalli (1 & 2), Yelahanka (1 & 4) and Benniganahalli (2 & 4)
Bengaluru Suburban Rail Route Map
Bengaluru Suburban Rail Tenders
Latest Suburban Rail project tender notices can be viewed on KRIDE’s website.
|General Consultant (GC) for Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project||Egis – Louis Berger – AECOM JV is Preferred Bidder|
|Elevated viaduct of length 8.027 Km from Benniganahalli to Chikkabanavara excluding station buildings of Corridor-2||L&T is lowest bidder|
Page last updated: January 21, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.