Bangalore–Vijayawada Expressway – Information & Status
518 km Bengaluru – Vijayawada Expressway project is a proposed 4-6 lane partially access-controlled highway with a route alignment in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
This mix of brownfield-upgrade (36%) and greenfield (64%) project will be built under Bharatmala Pariyojana (BMP) Phase 2. The project will pass by the town of Kadapa and is also known as BKV Expressway.
- Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 19,320 crore
- Completion Deadline: TBD
- Project’s Approx. Length: 624 km
- Greenfield Section: 332 km (Kodikonda – Addanki)
- Lanes: 4 – 6
- Right of Way: 100m
- Design Speed: 120 kmph
- Owner: National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)
- Status: Bidding Underway (4 Packages) & Design Stage (Rest)
The project consists of 3 sections:
- Brownfield Upgrade: NH-44 Bengaluru, KA to Kodikonda, AP (73 km)
- Greenfield Section: Kodikonda, AP to Addanki, AP (332 km)
- Brownfield Upgrade: NH-16 Addanki, AP to Vijaywada, AP (113 km)
Lanes are proposed to be 3.75m wide. Sections will comprise of a 3m paved or 2m unpaved shoulder with a 19.50m depressed median.
The expressway will connect towns and villages between Bengaluru – Kodikonda, Pulivendula, Mallepali, Vangapadu, Addanki, Chilakaluripet and Guntur and Vijayawada.
Tenders & Contractors
NHAI invited tenders (bids) for 4 packages’ construction works under Hybrid Annuity Model (HAM) in September 2022. This section will be updated when more tender notices are invited.
|Package & Chainage||Contractor (Value)|
|Package 1: Kodur (Ch. 0.000) to Vanavolu (Ch. 24.300)||Bidding Underway|
|Package 2: Vanavolu (Ch. 24.300) to Vankarakunta (Ch. 45.700)||Bidding Underway|
|Package 3: Vankarakunta (Ch.45.700) to Odulapalle (Ch.72.000)||Bidding Underway|
|Package 4: Odulapalle (Ch.72.000) to Nallacheruvu palli (Ch.96.300)||Bidding Underway|
Page last updated: October 3, 2022. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.