Meerut Metro – Information, Route Map, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Meerut Metro is an urban Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) under construction in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
Meerut Metro Phase 1’s Detailed Project Report was prepared by RITES and submitted to the UP state government on June 30, 2016 for its approval. In 2017, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (then Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) was assigned a ‘coordinator’ role to bring all stakeholders together and get the project started.
The project’s 20 km Line-1 with 11 stations is approved and will utilize the under construction 82.15 km Delhi – Meerut RRTS line’s infrastructure. It will consist of 8 special metro-only stations and 30 coaches will be procured to service the line in a configuration of 10 trains with 3 cars.
The project’s 15 km Line-2 with 14 stations is in the proposal stage, and will be operated by the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (UPMRCL).
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Approved: 20 km | Proposed: 15 km
Meerut Metro Route Information
Line-1: Partapur – Modipuram
- Length: 20 km
- Owner: National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)
- Status: Under Construction (1 civil contract awarded, bidding underway for 2 sections)
- Type: Elevated: 14.40 km & Underground: 5.6 km
- Depot: Modipuram
- Number of Stations: 11
- Station Names: Partapur, Rithani, Shatabdi Nagar, Brahmapuri, Meerut Central, Bhaisali, Begum Pul, MES Colony, Daurli, Meerut North and Modipuram.
- Note: this line’s construction will be integrated with the construction of the 82 km Delhi – Meerut Smart Line (RRTS). Stations in bold above will be integrated with the RRTS. Rest will be serviced by local metro trains.
Line-2: Shradhapuri Phase II – Jagriti Vihar
- Length: 15 km
- Owner: Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (UPMRCL
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Elevated (10.7 km) and Underground (4.3 km)
- Number of Stations: 13
- Station Names: Sharadhapuri Phase 2, Kanker Khera, Meerut Cantt. Railway Station, Rajban Bazar, Begumpul, Baccha Park, Shahpeer Gate, Hapur Adda Chauraha, Gandhi Ashram, Mangal Pandey Nagar, Tej Grahi, Medical College, Jagruti Extension
Meerut Metro Master Plan (Route Map)
Official line colors have not been announced. Location of stations is tentative. The embedded map below can be zoomed into!
An official PDF route map of Meerut Metro’s master plan will be added here when available.
Meerut Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
Meerut Metro’s fare structure, rules and ticket types haven’t been announced yet. That will be finalized closer to the start of commercial operations.
Meerut Metro Tenders
Latest Meerut Metro’s notices inviting tenders can be viewed on NCRTC’s website and UPMRCL’s website. News on these notices, their bidders, awarded tenders and contracts are covered in further detail here on news & construction page.
Meerut Metro’s Major Contractors
|General Consultant (GC) for RRTS & Metro Project||Ayesa lngenieria Y Arquitectura – ITALFERR – Ayesa India|
|KNPAGRS-01: Supply of 30 coaches (rolling stock) as part of 210 RRTS rolling stock contract||Bombardier Transportation|
|Part of Package-3 of RRTS Project: Partapur – Shatabdi Nagar (elevated, 3 stations)||Larsen & Toubro (L&T)|
|Package-7: Shatabdi Nagar – Brahampuri DN Ramp AND Begumpul Ramp – Modipuram (elevated, 5 stations)||5 firms have submitted bids|
|Package-8: Brahampuri DN Ramp to Begumpul UP Ramp (underground, 3 stations)||5 firms have submitted bids|
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: July 25, 2020. Spot an issue? Let me know here.