Jaipur Metro – Information, Route Maps, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Jaipur Metro with 1 line & 9 stations is an urban Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) built to serve Jaipur, Rajasthan’s capital & biggest city.
Construction work on Jaipur Metro’s 9.63 km Phase 1 (Pink Line) started in 2011. This mostly elevated line opened for commercial services in June 2015.
Construction on Jaipur Metro’s 2.35 km Phase 1B, an underground extension of the Pink Line with 2 stations, started in January 2014 partially funded through a $157 million (Rs 969 cr) loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB). This line is expected to become operational in mid-2020.
Jaipur Metro’s 23 km Phase 2 includes a new Orange line which will connect the heart of the city with the Airport and onward to the Sitapura Industrial Area. This line is planned to be built on the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model and is yet to be approved.
- Top Speed: 80 kmph
- Average Speed: 32 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm (lines 5-9)
- Electrification: 25 kV, 50 Hz AC OHE
- Signalling: Cab Signalling/Distance to Go
Operational: 9.63 km (Phase 1A) | Under Construction: 2.35 km (Phase 1B) | Proposed: 23.099 km (Phase 2)
- Daily Ridership: 20,000/day (February 2020)
- Rolling Stock: 40 coaches (10 train-sets x 4) supplied by BEML
Jaipur Metro Operational Lines (Phase 1A)
Line-1 – Pink Line: Mansarovar – Chandpole
- Length: 9.63 km
- Type: Elevated & Underground
- Depot: Mansarovar
- Number of Stations: 9
- Stations Names: Mansarovar, New Aatish Market, Vivek Vihar, Shyam Nagar, Ram Nagar, Civil Lines, Railway Station, Sindhi Camp and Chandpole (only underground station)
Jaipur Metro Under Construction Lines (Phase 1B)
Line-1 – Pink Line: Chandpole – Badi Chaupar
- Length: 2.35 km
- Type: Underground
- Number of Stations: 2
- Station Names: Chhoti Chaupar, Badi Chaupar
Jaipur Metro Proposed Lines (Phase 2)
Line-2 – Orange Line: Ambabari – Sitapura Industrial Area
- Length: 23.099 km
- Type: Elevated & Underground
- Number of Stations: 20
- Station Names: Sitapura Industrial Area, Pratap Nagar, Haldi Ghati Gate, Sanganer (Airport), Laxmi Nagar, Durgapura, Mahavir Nagar, Gopalpura, Dev Nagar, Tonk Phatak, Gandhi Nagar Mor, Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Narayan Singh Circle, Sawai Mansingh Hospital, Ajmeri Gate, Government Hostel, Sindhi Camp, Subhash Nagar, Pani Pench and Ambabari.
Note – Ajmeri Gate, Government Hostel, Sindhi Camp, Subhash Nagar and Pani Pench are planned to be built underground.
- Status: Proposed (DPR being reworked by DMRC)
Jaipur Metro Phase 1A Route Map (Operational)
The embedded map below shows the exact location of all stations and can be zoomed into!
An official PDF route map of Jaipur Metro will be added here when available.
Jaipur Metro Future Network (2020) Route Map: Phase 1A & 1B
Key for map below: Phase 1 (Operational) | Phase 1B (Under Construction)
Jaipur Metro Future Network (2030): Phase 1 & 2
Key for map below: Phase 1 – Pink Line | Phase 2 – Orange Line
Jaipur Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
Fares on the Jaipur Metro are calculated based on the number of stations traveled traveled and dependent on type:
Token (best for single journeys) – minimum of Rs. 6 and maximum of Rs 18 for travel during off-peak hours
• 0 to 2 stations: Rs 6
• 3 to 5 stations: Rs 12
• 6 to 8 stations: Rs 18
Store Value Cards (best for multiple journeys) offer the following discounts:
• Less than Rs. 10 – Nil
• Rs 10 to Rs. 19.99 – 10%
• Rs 20 or more – 15%
Tourist Cards of two types are offered for unlimited trips:
• One-day Tour Card: Rs. 100 total, with a fare value of Rs. 50 and refundable security deposit of Rs. 50
• Three-day Tour Card: Rs. 200 total, with a fare value of Rs. 150 and refundable security deposit of Rs. 50
Group Tickets: Issued to groups of more than 20 commuters for a 10% discount
Jaipur Metro Tenders
Latest Jaipur Metro (JMRC) tender notices can be viewed on JMRC’s website. News on these notices, their bidders, awarded tenders and contracts are covered in further detail on the news & construction page.
Jaipur Metro Contractors
|GC||General Consultancy Services||Mott MacDonald|
|RS8||40 Coaches (Rolling Stock)||BEML Ltd.|
|E1/E2||Signalling & Telecommunications||Alstom India|
|TVS||Automatic Fare Collection (AFC)||Samsung SDS|
|C1||6.472 km viaduct||DSC Limited|
|C2||4.5 km viaduct||ITD-ITD CEM JV|
|C3||Chandpol underground station||ITD-ITD CEM JV|
|C4||Mansarovar Depot||Pratibha-Aparna JV|
|C5||4 Stations at Mansarovar, New Aatish Market, Vivek Vihar & Shyam Nagar||BL Kashyap & Sons|
|C6||2 Stations at Ram Nagar & Civil Lines||BL Kashyap & Sons|
|C7||2 Stations at Railway Station & Sindhi Camp||KMV Projects – RVR Projects JV|
|1B/C1||2.35 km underground twin tunnels & 2 stations at Choti Chaupar & Badi Chaupar||CEC-CICI JV|
|PH2||Topographical Survey for preparation of 48 km Phase 2’s Detailed Project Report and extn of Phase 1B to Ramganj||JJ Engineers|
|PH2||Traffic and Transportation Study||ICRA Management Consulting Services Ltd.|
Jaipur Metro History (Key Dates)
• 03 June 2015: Mansarovar – Chandpole (Pink Line) – 9.63 km
• TBD 2020/21: Chandpole – Badi Chaupar (Pink Line) – 2.35 km
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.