Rajkot Hirasar Airport – Status, Master Plan & Design
New Rajkot International Airport (HSR) is an operational greenfield airport under at Hirasar Village, Gujarat by Airports Authority of India (AAI).
This new airport was inaugurated on July 27, 2023 ahead of its deadline of December 2023 (current deadline) and flight operations started on September 10, 2023.
The project is being developed in 2 stages – Phase 1 (airport site & runway construction) and Phase 2 (passenger terminal & apron).
- Area: 1025 hectares
- Estimated Cost: 2654 crore
- Owner & Operator: Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Architect: Creative Group Architects
- Civil Construction Contractor (Phase 1 – Runway): Dilip Buildcon Ltd. (DBL)
- Civil Construction Contractor (Phase 2 – Terminal Building): Yashnand Engineers & Contractors (see details)
- Project Management Consultant: Synergy Property Development Services
New Rajkot International Airport was opened on July 27, 2023. Here’s a recent video by ANI on YouTube:
Location & Access
The new airport in Gujarat’s Hirasar village is located 25 km north-east of Rajkot – view on Google Maps
Rajkot Airport’s terminal was designed by Delhi-based Creative Group Architects.
The terminal’s design depicts various art forms from local Lippan art to dandiya dance through its external façade and interior design. This includes stone jalis, semi circular arches, pointed arches, horizontal lovers for reducing heat in interiors and vertical jalis to reduce heat intake.
View more design renderings here.
Page last updated: September 25, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here