Rajkot Hirasar Airport – Status, Master Plan & Design
New Rajkot International Airport is a greenfield airport under construction at Hirasar Village, Gujarat by Airports Authority of India (AAI).
This new airport is expected to be completed and opened December 2023 (current deadline). The project is being developed in 2 stages – Phase 1 (airport site & runway construction) and Phase 2 (passenger terminal & apron).
- Area: 1025 hectares
- Estimated Cost: 2654 crore
- Owner & Operator: Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Architect: Creative Group Architects
- Civil Construction Contractor (Phase 1 – Runway): Dilip Buildcon Ltd. (DBL)
- Civil Construction Contractor (Phase 2 – Terminal Building): Yashnand Engineers & Contractors (see details)
- Project Management Consultant: Synergy Property Development Services
This new airport is expected to be completed and opened December 2023 (current deadline).
Here’s a recent video by Raju Morle on local YouTuber:
Location & Access
The new airport in Gujarat’s Hirasar village is located 25 km north-east of Rajkot – view on Google Maps
Rajkot Airport’s terminal was designed by Delhi-based Creative Group Architects.
The terminal’s design depicts various art forms from local Lippan art to dandiya dance through its external façade and interior design. This includes stone jalis, semi circular arches, pointed arches, horizontal lovers for reducing heat in interiors and vertical jalis to reduce heat intake.
View more design renderings here.
Page last updated: January 21, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here