Delhi – Panipat RRTS – Information, Route Map, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Delhi – Panipat RRTS Line is a 103 km long proposed semi-high speed rail line connecting Delhi – Sonipat – Panipat through a series of tunnels and elevated viaducts as part of the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS).
The line is one of the three early bird (Phase 1) lines to be developed by the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) where trains will run up to a maximum speed of 160 km/hr to cover the entire distance in 1 hour.
In Delhi this line will originate from Sarai Kale Khan, connect to Kashmere Gate ISBT and continue heading north along National Highway 44 through the towns of Sonipat, Gannaur, Samalakha to connect Panipat in Haryana.
Delhi – Panipat RRTS’ DPR (Detailed Project Report) was approved by Haryana Government’s Cabinet in December 2020, and is currently awaiting approval from the Delhi and Central governments. The draft DPR’s PDF document can be viewed here.
In January 2020, Haryana’s government decided to extend the line from Panipat to Karnal, a distance of roughly 25 kms from the Panipat Depot Station. The DPR for it is yet to be approved though.
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Proposed: 103 + 25 km
- Estimated Project Cost: Rs. 21,627 crore
- Deadline: Not Announced
- My Completion Estimate: 2028
- Funding Sources: Foreign loan – source not finalized (60%)
- Estimated Daily Ridership: 7.79 lakh passengers/day (2031)
- Draft Detailed Project Report (DPR): view & download here
- Design Speed: 180 kmph
- Operational Speed: 160 kmph
- Average Speed: 100 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Rolling Stock: Aerodynamic, 3.2 m wide x 22 m long, stainless steel / aluminium body
- Signaling: European Train Control System (ETCS) Level 2 of ERTMS
- Traction: 1 x 25 KV AC overhead catenary (OHE)
- Seating Arrangement: Transverse
- Classes: Economy and Business (1 coach per train)
Delhi – Panipat RRTS Route Information
- Type: Elevated & Underground
- Status: Proposed
- Depots (2): Gannaur & Panipat IOCL Terminal
- Number of Stations: 17 + 3 (extension to Karnal)
- Station Names: Nizamuddin / Sarai Kale Khan, Indraprastha, Kashmere Gate, Burari Crossing, Mukarba Chowk, Alipur, Kundli, KMP Expressway Interchange, Rajeev Gandhi Edication City (RGEU), Murthal, Barhi, Gannaur, Samalkha, Panipat South, Panipat North, Panipat Depot and IOCL Panipat
- Stations on Proposed Karnal Extension: Gharunda, Madhuban and Karnal
Delhi – Panipat RRTS Route Map
The line’s stations and alignment (in green) displayed below are tentative. Official color has not been announced yet. The line’s route will mostly follow National Highway NH-44 (old NH-1).
Delhi – Panipat RRTS Fares (Ticket Prices)
Delhi – Panipat RRTS’s fare structure, prices and rules have not been announced yet. NCRTC plans to use the latest technologies for its automatic fare collection (AFC) system to allow QR codes and Near Field Communication (NFC) phones to utilize the system. Trains will consist of 1 or more business class coaches which will have their own separate fare structure & rules, with lounge access at stations.
Delhi – Panipat RRTS Tenders
Delhi – Panipat RRTS Contractors
This section will be updated whenever tenders are invited for any pre-construction, construction or system package.
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: August 26, 2022. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.