Pune – Aurangabad Expressway – Information & Status Update
225 km Pune – Aurangabad Expressway by NHAI is a proposed 6 lane access-controlled highway with a route alignment through Paithan and Ahmednagar regions in Maharashtra. It’s also known as Pune – Sambhajinagar Expressway.
This greenfield expressway will be developed under Bharatmala Pariyojna (BMP). The project’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) has not yet been finalized. Land acquisition for the project started in December 2022 after NHAI issued its notification 3(A) under which land in 24 villages will be acquired.
The expressway will be connected to the under construction 701 km Samruddhi Mahamarg (Mumbai – Nagpur Expressway). It will reduce the travel time between both cities from 4-5 hours to about 2 hours.
- Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 10,000 crore
- Project’s Length: 225 km (approx.)
- Lanes: 6
- RoW: 70m
- Status: DPR Prepared; Land Acquisition Underway
- Deadline: Not finalized (3 routes being explored)
- Owner: National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- Project Model: Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
Pune – Aurangabad Expressway will connect 3 districts (Pune, Ahmednagar and Aurangabad) and 5 taluks (Bhor, Purandhar, Haveli, Daund and Shirur).
Here’s a village list for 2 taluks:
- Aurangabad Taluka: Peerwadi, Hirapur, Sunderwadi, Zalta, Adgaon B.K., Chincholi, Ghardon,
- Paithan Taluka: Varwandi Khurd, Pargaon, Dongaon, Balanagar, Kapuswadi, Wadala, Vava, Varudi B.K., Pachalgaon, Narayangaon, Karanjkheda, Akhatwara, Waghadi, Dadegaon Jahangir, Pategaon, Saigaon, Paithan MC 1
An official PDF route map of the project will be added when available.
Tenders for construction have not yet been invited. Land acquisition for the project’s construction started in December 2022.
Tenders & Contractors
This section will be updated when tender notices for the project’s construction are published.
|Package (Distance)||Contractor (Value)|
Page last updated: April 24, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.