Airoli-Katai Naka Freeway – Information & Status
12.30 km Airoli – Katai Naka Elevated Road project by MMRDA is an under construction 6 lane access-controlled highway with a route alignment connecting Airoli Bridge – Parsik – Shilphata – Katai Naka in Maharashtra.
The project’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) was prepared by STUP Consultants between 2012-14. The freeway with elevated roads and a tunnel is being constructed since 2019 in 3 phases.
Phase 2 of the project is scheduled to open in 2023. When the entire project is complete, it will benefit those traveling between Mumbai, Kalyan and Badlapur Industrial Estate.
- Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 944 crore (approx.)
- Project’s Total Length: 12.30 km
- Parsik Tunnel’s Length: 1.7 km
- Lanes: 6
- Status: Under Construction
- Deadline: 2024
- Owner: Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA)
- Project Model: EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction)
The project consists of 3 phases:
- Phase 1 (5.2 km): Road between Thane-Belapur road and National Highway (NH-48) near Mumbra bypass. This includes 3.5 km section of NH-48 and a 1.7 km tunnel cutting through Parsik Hill.
- Phase 2 (2.2 km): Elevated Road towards Airoli Bridge’s east-end
- Phase 3 (6.3 km): Road between NH-48 and Katai Naka parallel to Diva-Panvel railway line
An official PDF route map will be added here when available. Here’s a small map with different sections
Elevated Phase 2 of the project is under construction by J Kumar Infraprojects through a Rs 275.90 crore contracted awarded in October 2018.
Here’s a recent video by local YouTuber Wandering Khan:
Tenders & Contractors
|Package & Chainage||Contractor|
|Phase 2||J Kumar Infraprojects|
|Phase 3||Bidding Underway|
Page last updated: April 24, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.