Hyderabad Aerocity – Information, Master Plan & Status
Hyderabad Aerocity on over 1500 acres of land is being built at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Shamshabad, Telangana by GMR Aerocity Hyderabad, a subsidiary of GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd.
This futuristic smart city’s is expected to be completed and opened in phases by 2030. This mixed-use development includes spaces for offices, retail, leisure & entertainment, hospitality, education, healthcare, aerospace & logistics.
Aerocity will be connected with Hyderabad Metro Phase 2’s Airport Express Line.
Design & Master Plan
GMR’s master plan includes various theme based developments. The project will be taken up in multiple phases in line with the growth projections of RGIA.
- Office Space – 2 towers (built) & 2 towers (planned)
- Retail – a new retail hub called Interchange is proposed with premium shopping, dining & entertainment
- Leisure & Entertainment – Fun Port includes land for an amusement park, golf course, exhibition center etc. to draw non-airport traffic
- Hospitality – Novotel Hotel is operational with 288 keys. Boston Living is constructing a co-living project with serviced apartments
- Education – GMR Business School (operational), Delhi Public School (under construction) & Sancta Maria International School (planned)
- Aerospace & Logistics – Safran, CFM, Cyient, Spicejet FTZ, GMR Aero Technic & Amazon are operational. A 1.5 million sq. ft. logistics & warehouse park (GMR – ESR JV) is under construction
Page last updated: January 21, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.