Agra Metro – Information, Route Map, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Agra Metro is a 29.40 km urban Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) with 2 lines and 29 stations approved to be built in the city of Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Agra Metro Phase 1 project’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) was prepared by RITES and submitted to the UP state government for approval on June 30, 2016. In 2017, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRCL) was assigned as the ‘coordinator’ to bring all stakeholders together and get the project started.
The project received the Central Government’s Cabinet approval in February 2019, and was cleared for construction by the Supreme Court in July 2020 with a list of 11 conditions that UPMRCL must adhere to.
The project will be financed partly from the Government of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh on equal equity basis, and partly as soft loan from Bilateral/Multilateral international funding agency/agencies.
Phase 1’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) prepared in December 2017 and Supplementary DPR prepared in January 2019 can both be viewed & downloaded here.
- Top Speed: 80 kmph
- Average Speed: 34 kmph
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge – 1435 mm
- Electrification: 25 kV, 50 Hz AC OHE
- Signalling: Communications-based train control (CBTC)
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Approved: 29.40 km
- Estimated Cost: 8,379.62 cr (Line-1)
- Estimated Ridership: 7.36 lakh/day (2031)
- Estimated Coaches: 87
Agra Metro Phase 1 Route Information
Line-1: Sikandra – Taj East Gate
- Length: 14.25 km
- Type: Elevated (6.569 km) and underground (7.681 km)
- Depot: PAC (16.3 hectares)
- Number of Stations: 14
- Station Names: Sikandra, Guru Ka Taal, ISBT, Shastri Nagar (future), RBS College, Raja Ki Mandi, St. John’s (Agra University), Medical College, Jama Masjid, Agra Fort, Taj Mahal (Purani Mandi), Fatehabad Road, Basai & Taj East Gate
Line-2: Agra Cantt. – Kalindi Vihar
- Length: 15.40 km
- Type: Elevated
- Depot: Kalindi Vihar (11.9 hectares)
- Number of Stations: 15
- Station Names: Agra Cantt., Sultanpura, Sadar Bazaar, Pratap Pura (future), Collectorate, Subhash Park, St. John’s (Agra University), Hariparvat Chauraha, Sanjay Place, MG Road, Sultanganj Crossing, Kamla Nagar, Rambagh, Foundary Nagar, Mandi Samiti (Agra Mandi) & Kalindi Vihar
Agra Metro Phase 1 Route Map
Official line colors have not been announced. Location of stations and alignments in map below are tentative. The embedded map below can be zoomed into!
An official PDF route map of Agra Metro Phase 1 will be added here when available.
Project Overview Video
Agra Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
Agra Metro’s fare structure, prices and rules have not been announced yet. That will be finalized closer to the start of commercial operations. UPMRCL plans to use the latest technologies for its automatic fare collection (AFC) system to allow QR codes and Near Field Communication (NFC) phones to utilize the system.
Agra Metro Tenders
Agra Metro Major Contractors
|General Consultant (GC)||TYPSA-Italferr JV|
|Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for Line-1||Tata Consulting Engineers (TCE) – 3TI Progetti Italia-Ingegneria Integrata SPA – Leap Infrasys JV|
|KNPAGRS-01: Supply of 201 standard gauge cars (rolling stock) including Train Control & Signalling System for Agra & Kanpur metro projects||Bombardier Transportation|
|Package KNPAGT-1: 17,700 MT Head Hardened Rails||Bids Invited in February 2020|
|Package KNPAGT-2: Standard gauge UIC 60 turnouts, scissor crossovers and check rails||Voestalpine VAE VKN India Pvt. Ltd.|
|Civil Package AGCC-01 – Taj East Gate – Taj Mahal Ramp (4 kms, 3 staitions)||Sam India is Lowest Bidder|
|Civil Package AGCC-03 – PAC Grounds Depot (Line-1)||Lisha Engineers|
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: October 19, 2020. Spot an issue? Let me know here.