Srinagar Metro – Information, Route Maps, Fares, Tenders & Updates
Srinagar Light Metro with 2 lines & 24 stations is a light rail transit (LRT) system proposed to be built in Srinagar by the Housing and Urban Development Department of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir.
In February 2020, the union territory’s Administrative Council approved in-principle to engage the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for assisting with the appraisal and approval of its Phase 1 project’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) by the central government and for any possible external funding.
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Approved: 0 km | Proposed: 25 km
• Estimated Project Cost: Rs 5734 cr (Phase 1)
• Estimated Ridership: 2 lakh (2027)
Srinagar Metro Phase 1 Routes
Line-1 – Indra Nagar – HMT Junction (12.5 km)
• Type: Elevated
• Depot: HMT Junction
• Stations (12): HMT Junction, Parimpora, Bus Stand, Qamarwari, Gagarzoo, Rathpora, Batmaloo, Secretariat, Lal Chowk, Munshi Bagh, Sonwar, Indiranagar
• Note: This line is planned to be extended to Pampore Bus-stand in Phase 2
Line-2 – Hazuri Bagh – Osmanabad (12.5 km)
• Type: Elevated
• Depot: Osmanabad
• Stations (12): Osmanabad, Hazratbal Crossing, Soura, SKIMS, Nalbal Chowk, Jama Masjid, Khaniyar, Nowpara, Munshi Bagh, Hazoori Bagh
• Note: This line is planned to be extended to Srinagar Airport in Phase 2
Srinagar Metro Route Map (Master Plan)
Note: Official line colors have not been finalized. Map below shows the rough/tentative alignment of both lines
An official PDF route map of Srinagar Metro network’s master plan will be added here when available.
Srinagar Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
Srinagar Metro’s fare structure, prices and rules have not been finalized or announced yet. That will be done closer to the start of commercial operations.
Srinagar Metro Tenders
A link to the operator’s website with the latest Srinagar Metro tender notices will be added whenever the operator’s website goes live. As of March 2020, no tenders for its pre-construction work have been invited yet. News on these notices, their bidders, awarded tenders and contracts will be covered in further detail on the news & construction page.
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: May 3, 2020. Spot an issue? Let me know here.