Medellín Metro – Information, Route Map, Fare & Timings
Medellín Metro is a 31.3 km metro system with 2 lines and 27 stations in Medellín, Columbia. Besides rail-based transit, the system consists of metrocable, tramway and BRT lines.
Medellín Metro System Information
- Owner: Department of Antioquia, Medellin City
- Operator: Metro de Medellín
- Total Planned Network: 76.13 km
- Operational Network: 76.13 km
- Operational Stations: 77
- Operations Began: 30 November 1995
- Rolling Stock: CAF
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge (1,435 mm)
Medellín Metro Lines (Operational Network)
Line A: North to South
- Total Length: 25.8 km (16.0 mi)
- Stops/Stations: 21
- Stations: Niquía, Bello, Madera, Acevedo, Tricentenario, Caribe, University, Hospital, Prado, Berrío Park, San Antonio, Alpujarra, Exposiciones, Industriales, Poblado, Aguacatala, Ayurá, Envigado, Itagüí, Sabaneta, La Estrella
Green B: Angrignon – Honore-Beaugrand
- Total Length: 5.5 km (3.4 mi)
- Stops/Stations: 7
- Stations: San Antonio, Cisneros, Suramericana, Estadio, Floresta, Santa Lucía, San Javier
Medellín Metro Route Map
Source: Medellin Guru
Medellín Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
In 2020, Medellín Metro fare with a personalized Civica card is 2,355 pesos ($0.72 USD), which is up from 2,255 pesos in 2019 and up from 2,125 pesos in 2018. The Civica card itself is free.
Discounted fares are available for those over 60 years old (Adulto Mayor), students (Estudiantial), people with reduced mobility (PMR) and package carriers (Al Portador). When you sign up for a Civica card you can establish the discounted fares for your Civica card, if eligible.
Source: Metro de Medellín
Medellín Metro Hours (Timetable)
Medellín Metro is open from Monday to Saturday from 4:30 am until 11 pm for all lines except for Line L to Parque Arvi. On Sundays and most holidays, the hours are from 5 am to 10 pm. During Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve the hours are normally shorter.