Vancouver SkyTrain – Information, Route Map, Fare & Timings
Vancouver Translink’s SkyTrain is an advanced rapid metro system operating fully automated trains on three lines in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The Expo and Millennium Lines link the city’s downtown to the suburbs of Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, and Coquitlam. A third line connecting downtown to central Richmond and Vancouver International Airport, known as the Canada Line, started operations on August 17, 2009.
Vancouver SkyTrain System Information
- Owner: Province of British Columbia
- Operator: TransLink
- Total Planned Network: 79.6 km
- Operational Network: 79.6 km
- Operational Stations: 53
- Operations Began: December 11, 1985
- Rolling Stock: Bombardier and Hyundai Rotem
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge (1,435 mm)
Vancouver SkyTrain Lines (Operational Network)
Expo Line: Waterfront – King George / Production Way–University
- Length: 29.7 km (18.5 mi)
- Stops/Stations: 20
- Stations: Waterfront, Burrard, Granville, Stadium – Chinatown, Main Street – Science World, – Commercial – Broadway, Nanaimo, 29th Avenue, Joyce-Colingwood, Patterson, Metrotown, Royal Oak, Edmonds, 22nd Street, New Minster, Columbia, Scott Road, Gateway, Surry Central, King George, Sappterton, Braid, Lougheed Town Centre, Production Way / University
Millennium Line: VCC–Clark – Lafarge Lake–Douglas
- Length: 25.5 km (15.8 mi)
- Stops/Stations: 17
- Stations: VCC-Clark, Commercial-Broadway, Renfrew, Rupert, Gilmore, Brentwood Town Centre, Holdom, Sperling/Burnaby Lake, Lake City Way, Production Way/University, Lougheed Town Centre, Burquitlam, Moody Centre, Coquitiam Central, Lincoln, Lafarge Lake – Douglas
Canada Line: Waterfront – Richmond–Brighouse / YVR Airport
- Length: 15.1 km (9.4 mi)
- Stops/Stations: 13
- Stations: Waterfront, Vancouver City Centre, Yaletown – Roundhouse, Olympic Village, Broadway City Hall, King Edward, Oakridge-41st Avenue, Langara-49th Avenue, Marine Drive, Bridgeport, Aberdeen, Lansdowne, Richmond-Brighouse, Templeton, Sea Island Centre, YVR Airport
Vancouver SkyTrain Map
Vancouver SkyTrain Ticket Prices (Fare)
Skytrain’s ticket price depends on the number of zones traveled in. Using Stored Value on a Compass Card is just like adding cash to your card and gives a discounted rate over a cash fare. Riders can transfer for up to 90 minutes across all modes on a Stored Value fare.
(Tap to Pay)
Vancouver SkyTrain Schedule (Timings / Hours)
SkyTrains’ trains operate on weekdays between 05:00-01:30 am. On Saturdays, the trains start operations an hour later, and run from 06:00-01:30 am. On Sundays and public holidays, trains operate from 7:00 am – 12:30 am.
Frequency of trains depends on the time of the day. During peak hours, trains generally have a headway of about 2-4 minutes. However, at certain times of the day such as weekends, the time interval between two trains could be as long as 20 minutes.