Lucknow Metro Phase 2 – Information & Update
Lucknow Metro Phase 2 project in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh is currently on the drawing board. Its Detailed Project Report (DPR) has not yet been finalized by the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (UPMRCL).
At this time, construction on Phase 2 is expected to start no sooner than 2025. I expect Phase 2 to be completed and opened no sooner than 2029.
In 2017, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) assisted with preparing the master plan for Lucknow Metro with 6 new routes totaling 74 km.
Lucknow’s Phase 2 project is expected to include a 11.098 km east-west line (Line-2) connecting Lucknow Railway Station (Charbagh) and Vasant Kunj with 12 stations.
- Estimated Cost: Rs. 4,265 crore
- Estimated Daily Ridership: 60,000/day
- Elevated Route: 4.548 km with 5 stations (GB Marg – Thakurganj)
- Underground Route: 6.55 km with 7 stations (Balaganj – Vasant Kunj)
- Number of Stations: 12
- Station Names: Gautam Buddha Marg, Aminabad, Pandeyganj, City Railway Station, Medical College Chauraha, Nawazganj, Thakurganj, Balaganj, Sarfrazganj, Musabagh, Vasant Kunj
Other potential Phase 2 lines include the construction of 1 new line and 2 line extensions. Note: final plan can be expected to change by the time construction begins.
- Extn of Line-1: Munshi Pulia – Jankipuram
- Extn of Line-2: Charbagh – SGPGI (Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences)
- New Line-3: IIM Lucknow – Rajajipuram
A PDF route map for Lucknow Metro Phase 2 will be added here when available.
A list of Phase 2 tenders, contracts and contractors will be added here when UPMRC publishes tender notices.
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: November 11, 2023. Have a question or spot an error? Let me know here.