Mecca Metro – Information, Route Map, Fare & Timings
Mecca Metro is an 18.1 km metro system with 1 line and 9 stations in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. 4 new lines (182 km) are planned to be built by China Railway Construction Corporation and operated by Mecca Mass Rail Transit Company (MMRTC).
Mecca Metro System Information
- Owner: Saudi Railway Company
- Operator: China Railway Construction Corporation
- Total Planned Network: 188 km
- Operational Network: 18.1 km
- Operational Stations: 9
- Operations Began: 13 November 2010
- Rolling Stock: Supplied by Changchun Railway Vehicles
- Track Gauge: Standard Gauge (1,435 mm)
Mecca Metro Lines (Operational Network)
Al Mashaaer Al Mugaddassah Metro Line: Jamarat (Mina 3) – Arafat 1
- Total Length: 18.1 kmm
- Stops/Stations: 9
- Stations: Jamarat (Mina 3), Mina 2, Mina 1, Muzdalifah 3, Muzdalifah 2, Muzdalifah 1, Arafat 3, Arafat 2, Arafat 1
Mecca Metro Lines (Proposed Network)
4 new lines (182 km) are planned to be built by China Railway Construction Corporation and operated by Mecca Mass Rail Transit Company (MMRTC). As of May 2020, contracts have not been awarded.
- Line A: Makkah (south – west line)
- Line B: Mina – Makkah link
- Line C: Mina – Mecca (west-side), looping to the north
- Line D: Circular line around Mecca
Mecca Metro Route Map
Mecca Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
Tickets for use during the Hajj cost 250 riyals or 100 riyals on the last day.
Mecca Metro Hours (Timetable)
Mecca Metro train services are operated during the holy practices of Hajj with 5 types of trains movements throughout the entire day – Movement A, Movement B, Movement C, Movement D and Movement E. Refer to the schedule posted at the stations.
Page last updated: September 3, 2022. Spot an issue? Let me know here.