Not Following Me on Twitter? You’re Missing Out
Before I started this website, I didn’t really “get” Twitter. It took me a while to learn all the ropes, but gradually I began to embrace it and now I use it constantly! A lot of readers already follow me on Twitter, but if you don’t – you should! Here’s a few reasons why:
- Whenever I publish a post here, I tweet a link to it with the post’s biggest take-away & a couple of images.
- I tweet links from local & national news outlets which carry everyday news items such as passenger ridership figures, station design plans, exit of key metro officials, list of infra companies who’ve attended a pre-bid meet, and so forth. For minor updates/news items like these, it’s a lot easier to tweet an external link than rehashing the article and effectively adding no value or unique content which I’ve always aimed to provide here.
- I tweet a lot of images and videos for everyone to see and gauge the progress made. These images and videos by themselves do not warrant a post on the website, and a tweet with a simple caption seems adequate. Some recent examples includes these images from inside Kochi’s Kalamassery Station, these images showing AFC gates being configured in Delhi’s Botanical Garden Station, and these images of an unique entrance at Chennai’s Pachaiyappa’s College Station. On the video side of things, I recently shared this video of a first-person view riding Hyderabad’s Metro train, this video of the commencement of speed trials on Bangalore’s Green Line and this video of sheer madness at one of Mumbai’s stations. If you click on the above links, you’ll see what I mean!
- From time to time, I tweet interesting images of metro systems around the world such as this from Hong Kong, this from Tokyo and this from Haifa as it’s always good to keep a track of what’s going on elsewhere and see how they’re set up.
- I try my best to answer all questions and provide my thoughts. This obviously isn’t restricted to Twitter, I also do this here on the website, but Twitter is a great way to keep in touch.
Obviously using and following me on Twitter isn’t a requirement and you’ll still get great value even if you don’t, but it is worth doing if you use Twitter on even a somewhat regular basis. If you have no plans to sign up, but still want to view my tweets, then I’d recommend bookmarking this page.
– TMRG 🙂
Just wanted to know if metro goes beyond electronic city and reaches chandapura
In Phase 2, it’ll end at Bommasandra. In Phase 3, it might get extended. Let’s see.
Is there any way I can share updates with you without being twitter user?
Hi, you can reach out to me using the form in the contact me page linked at the top. I’ll email you back, and then you can attach images.
I just think you are doing an amazing job.The Government should learn from you as to how keep its citizens updated with the latest infra work and you have set an amazing example,Keep Going…and would request you to post videos as well for Mumbai Metro work on weekly basis.
Is there any update form Kanpur Metro? or it is just an another “election mudda” how long people of Kanpur will suffer without any proper public transport system?
Any latest news and updates from Guwahati Metro Rail Corporation and Brahmaputra Expressway. After passing Civil Engineering with a low percentage, relying on these factors to get a job and earn my livelihood.
I have done civil engineering. I have a total experience of 6 years. I have been working in the underground metro for 3 years.I have worked in the package-6 line-3 for 2 years in international airport, domestic airport & santacruz in Mumbai. Right now I am working in Underground Metro Pune from Sixth Month in swargate metro projects. Apart from these, I have also worked in infrastructure. I hope you give me a chance my contact number is 9929290790