Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) on Monday invited bids from design engineering firms to appoint a Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) to assist with designing 13 interchange facilities across Mumbai Metro’s under construction network.
A detailed scope of the contract is at the bottom of this post, but briefly put includes the civil, structural, architectural and E&M works for interchange facilities to connect adjacent metro stations with one another, and to connect metro stations with nearby suburban rail stations and the 508 km Mumbai – Ahmedabad High Speed-Rail (Bullet Train) line.
Contract: Metro-PIU/Metro Interchange Stations/2020
Scope: Appointment of Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) For Civil Architecture And E&M Work for Interchange Facility of Interchange Stations of Mumbai Metro on Quality Cum Cost Based Selection (QCBS)
- Estimated Cost: Rs 3.43 crore
- Period of Completion: 36 months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 14/07/2020
- Last Date to Submit: 29/07/2020 (1700 hrs)
- Bids to be Opened: 31/07/2020 (1100 hrs)
The winner of this contract will be selected on the Quality Cum Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method where proposals will be ranked and scored (S) according to their combined technical (ST) and financial (SF) score using the following weights:
• Weight (T) given to the Technical Proposal: 70 Per cent.
• Weight (F) given to the Financial Proposal: 30 per cent.
S = ST x T + SF x F
Per the tender document, the 13 facilities have been divided up into 3 phases. Here’s the time period for work to start from the date the contract is issued:
- Phase I – 12 months from date of work order
- Phase II – 24 months from date of work order
- Phase III – 36 months from date of work order
MMRDA mentions the time period stated above may vary based on the actual completion of the respective metro lines and the DDC shall be bound to complete the work in mutually agreed revised time period.
Here’s a list of phases, the connection type and design schematics from the tender document:
Interchange Stations with FOB Connection (Type II)
- D. N. Nagar Station – Line 1 and Line 2A
- Shastri Nagar (Line 2A) and Adarsh Nagar (Line 6) stations
- Andheri East Metro (Line 7) and WEH Metro (Line 1) stations
- JVLR Station – Line 7 and Line 6
Proposed Interconnected Stations with FOB to Western, Central and Harbour Line (Type III)
- Mankhurd Metro Station (Line 2B) and Mankhurd Station on Harbour Line
- Vikhroli Metro Station (Line 4) and Vikhroli Station on Central Railway Line
- Gandhi Nagar Metro Station (Line 4) and Kanjurmarg on Central Railway Line
- Bhandup Metro Station (Line 4) and Bhandup on Central Railway Line
Interchange Stations with Common Concourse (Type- I)
- EEH (Line 2B) and Siddharth Colony (Line 4)
- Gandhi Nagar (Line 4) and Kanjur Marg (Line 6)
- Kapurbavadi (Line 4 & Line 5)
Interchange Stations with FOB Connection with Monorail (Type- II)
- Chembur Metro Station (Line 2B) and ‘VNP & RC Marg’ Monorail Station
Interchange Station with High Speed Rail (Type- I)
- IL&FS Metro Station (Line 2B & High-Speed Rail)
For interchange metro stations scope of work of DDC is limited to Complete Architectural design in consultation & coordination with respective Metro line MMRDA Team, Contractors, DDC and GCs for both interchange stations as applicable to include in design and construction at reduced life cycle costs (least maintenance cost and easily accessible maintenance) while improving efficiencies of operations, performance, passenger comfort, and safety by addressing a number of aspects of station design without dictating design and operational processes also includes elegant internal and external façade designs.
The scope includes Architectural Form and Design, elements relating to vertical and horizontal station articulation, character/depth, human scale fenestration and openings, surface modulations, massing, detailing and finishes, floor heights, architectural style, accentuated pedestrian entryways, roof shapes, and sustainable practices. Also, DDC shall be responsible to carry out the feasibility study for the integration with the other nodes of transportation facilities like mono/metro/suburban railway stations. After the feasibility based on the feasibility study DDC shall also provide the detailed design for the architectural finishes (Type-II and Type-III Stations) for the feasible stations as approved.
For interchange facility at the stations mentioned as Type-II and Type-III, DDC shall provide detailed design for the Civil, Structural, Architectural and E&M works for interchange portion connecting the two interchange stations included all the designs in consultation & coordination
with respective Metro line MMRDA Team, Contractors, DDC and GCs in design and construction at reduced life cycle costs while improving efficiencies of operations, performance, passenger comfort, and safety by addressing a number of aspects of stations and its interconnectivity, design without dictating design and operational processes in the design, operational philosophies and performance standards for passenger safety, security, comfort and desired levels of service, architectural vision and focus on efficient movement of passengers with the convenience of transfers and interchanges with other modes of transportation, customer safety, security, comfort and convenience, while maintaining quality design (e.g. architectural quality, innovation, aesthetics, efficiency, and cost effectiveness), urban integration and preservation, and environmentally responsible design with use of materials and resources.
For more updates, check out the Mumbai section of The Metro Rail Guy!