Bangalore Metro Phase 1 – Information, Route Maps, Tenders & Updates
Phase 1 Information
Construction work on Bangalore (Namma) Metro Phase 1 with routes totaling 42.30 km started in April 2007. Its first section, connecting Baiyyappanahalli – MG Road on the Purple Line, opened in 2011. The 6th and final section was inaugurated by the President on June 17, 2017 and commercial operations started on the next day.
Phase 1 Routes
This phase involved the construction of 2 new lines on standard gauge tracks:
Line-1 – Purple line: Baiyyappanahalli – Mysore Road
- Length: 18.10 km
- Type: Elevated & Underground (4.8 km)
- Depot: Baiyappanahalli
- Number of Stations: 17
- Station Names: Mysore Road, Deepanjali Nagar, Attiguppe, Vijayanagar, Hosahalli, Magadi Road, City Railway Station, Majestic, Sir M Vesveshwaraya, Vidhana Soudha, Cubbon Park, MG Road, Trinity, Halasuru, Indiranagar, Swami Vivekananda Road and Baiyappanahalli
Line-2 – Green line: Nagasandra – Yelachenahalli
- Length: 24.20 km
- Type: Elevated & Underground (4 km)
- Depot: Peenya
- Number of Stations: 24
- Stations Names: Nagasandra, Dasarahalli, Jalahalli, Peenya Industry, Peenya, Goraguntepalya, Yeshwanthpur, Sandal Soap Factory, Mahalaxmi, Rajajinagar, Kuvempu Road, Srirampura, Sampige Road, Majestic, Chickpet, KR Market, National College, Lalbagh, Southend Circle, Jayanagar, Yelachenahalli (formerly Puttenahalli)
The embedded map below shows the exact location of all stations and can be zoomed into!
Phase 1 Route Map (Operational)
An official PDF route map of Bangalore Metro will be added here when available.
Key for map below: Phase 1 | Phase 2 | Phase 2A | Phase 2B
History – Key Dates of Phase 1
• 20 Oct 2011: Baiyyappanahalli – MG Road (Purple line) – 6.7 km
• 01 Mar 2014: Sampige Road – Peenya Industry (Green line) – 9.9 km
• 01 May 2015: Peenya Industry – Nagasandra (Green line) – 2.5 km
• 16 Nov 2015: Mysore Road – Magadi Road (Purple line) – 6.4 km
• 29 Apr 2016: MG Road – Magadi Road (Purple line) – 4.8 km
• 19 June 2017: Sampige Road – Yelachenahalli (Green line) – 12 km
Click on ‘News & Construction Updates’ below for project news, progress and updates.
Page last updated: April 25, 2021. Spot an issue? Let me know here.