Chennai Metro’s Phase 2 to Connect Siruseri
As per a new report, the Chennai Metro Rail Corp (CMRL) is looking to slightly rework its Phase 2 plans (see Phase 2 map here) that it had originally drawn. The second phase consisting of three corridors was to add 76 kms to the network, but now CMRL is considering to extend it to 88 km.
While many ideas are getting thrown around (including taking all lines underground), here are the routes that are being planned:
1) The 17 km line from Madhavaram to Light House could now be extended all the way to Siruseri instead of terminating at Light House. This is being done to cater to all the IT employees who live and work along the route which on the southern half will primarily run on the Old Mahabalipuram Road. Along the way, it’ll be integrated with the Thiruvanmiyur MRTS station next to TIDEL park. New Distance: 41 km.
2) The 27 km long line from Koyambedu to Injambakkam will now only run up to Light House, a distance of 14 kms since the section between the Light House to Injambakkam will be absorbed within the extended Madhavaram – Siruseri line.
3) The 33 km long line from Madhavaram to Perumbakkam will largely remain the same in distance, but the route might be changed to go through either Alandur/St. Thomas instead of OTA. Distance: 33 kms.
These 3 routes have been visualized in the map I’ve put together below:
The tender to create the DPR will soon be released by CMRL (See: DPR For Chennai’s 76 km Phase 2 to be Prepared Soon) and only after a consultant is selected will the various routes be explored and finalized. Watch this space!
Can anyone specify the place in MADHAVARAM ,about where the stations are gonna setup
Hi, the Detailed Project Report (DPR) will decide that! When it is finalized, I will post the details.
Is it finalized now? if not what is the status?
Hi, DPR has been submitted to the TN government. The cabinet will now either approve it as-is or approve it with conditions. I’m waiting for them to make a move.
Pls connect to redhills also it will be very useful to government many people to work from redhills
Hi, Any idea whether metro phase 2 touches moolakadai junction as part of madhavaram light house route?
Hi, we’ll have to wait for the DPR to be approved & published to find that out.
Thanks. Is the above given route just a rough diagram or is it from an authorized source
It’s a rough alignment based on an official initial route map. The final DPR will determine the exact route.
THANK U.SIR.WHICH SPECIFIC PLACE OF MADHAVARAM TERMINAL WHEN THE ROUTE OF MADHAVARAM TO SIRUCHERI.Sir are u know ,How many stations and name of the station of this route.
if the connectivity continues upto vandalore(could not stop in siruseri). It will be be more useful for most people.
THE PRIORITY IS TO MAMALLAPURAM FIRST
any idea about metro to connect vanuvampet, madipakkam, keelkatalai sector.
A fourth line connecting VANDALUR – SHOLINGANALLUR , via SELAIYUR, MEDAVAKKAM is a must. This will help large number of people to travel from Adyar/ mylapore / Triplicane to TAMBARAM / VANDALUR without changing trains.
Once they complete the MRTS until St Thomas Mount, that will be achieved. But when?
1) can I use this map for wikipedia article on Chennai metro?
2) also do you have any information on a slip-route from Ambattur OT to AnnaNagar west to join with Madhavaram to Perumbakkam corridor?
3) can you update map for the proposed extension of these 3 lines as per this linked nes report? http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/3-Corridors-in-Chennai-Metro-Rail-May-be-Extended-by-35-Km/2015/11/26/article3146517.ece
Hi Marees, Sorry for the late reply – I was out on a little vacation.
1) You have my approval – please link back to my site as the source.
2) That’s the first time I’ve come across that proposal
3) I just posted about the proposed 35 km addition to Phase 2. Please see this link. Feel free to use the map and please link back to my site as the source.
thank you. will make use of these maps. got disconnected from internet due to rains. just came back online.
Oh, that’s not good. Hoping that you and your loved ones didn’t have to face any major issues.
IS there any metrol rail connecting Virugambakkam and Vadapalani and Porur?
Any replies on this?
Hi I saw in the papers today, the metro rail running from Nungambakkam to Neelankari to Siruseri. Can I get a map of this line. Will it touch Akkarai and Sholinganallur (OMR)? Can someone help me with this info please?
When is the Detailed Project Report (DPR) expected to be ready. Am in Perambur and would like to know how this is going to be planned …Thanks
Hi, it’s expected to be ready by June 2016.
ANY PLANS FOR CONNECTING VIRUGAMBAKKAM TO VADAPALANI ?
good to note that omr would also be connected but i would like to know whether it would be a under ground project or the one from alandur to koyambedu
why this forum silent?
Can you tell the where the Metro Rail Station going to come in Moolakadai or Madhavaram place?
Plz share the map
Any idea whether metro phase 2 touches moolakadai junction as part of madhavaram light house route?
When project going to start?
Plz share the map
Latest news is that omr will not be connected with metro it will have bus rapid system with toll we request to extended the MRTS up to siruseri.
what is this Bus Rapid system???
Hello Mr. TMRG and All!
Could you please give me an update on the latest developments for Metro on OMR. Will it be all the way till Siruseri SIPCOT? If so, what will be the exact line for this route? All the way on OMR or ECR connecting to OMR? Also, if a Metro is planned along OMR, how will an elevated expressway pan out? Look forward to your response!
Please bring metro rail via avadi and Ambattur because large number of people the are belive in mtc buses for going various place to chennai 173 nubers of route buses going these will make more terrofic traffic in this area if plan this areas it will be more profitable tometro Department
Where is the station will placed in madhavaram? Will the land value around 3 kms will rise.(v.s mani nagar) will include that area
Sir will any body can say the exact location of kodambakkam metro railway station and the proposed route from kodambakkam metro station to panagal park railway station in phase II
Could you please give me an update on the latest developments for Metro on OMR. Will it be all the way till Siruseri SIPCOT? If so, what will be the exact line for this route? All the way on OMR or ECR connecting to OMR? Elevated or Underground? Also, if a Metro is planned along OMR, how will an elevated expressway pan out? Look forward to your response!
can anyone specify the place in perumbakkam,about where the stations are gonna setup
The lines never go beyond the Airport in the GST?
Connect metro rail in Redhill it’s is very useful for public
is there any route planned between Vandalur and Kelambakkam (17 KMs stretch)
y not considering to porur , poonamalli,
I request you to propose a plan of metro rail project from Redhills instead of Madhavaram, much more helpful for Redhills and surrounding village people.
Where Perungudy metro rail station location and road width how
Many meter to center including service line
Hai when the start the project to porur to vadapalani via valasaravakkam