DMRC Starts Recruiting for Visakhapatnam & Mumbai Metro Projects
After the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation was recently appointed to execute the construction of Visakhapatnam’s 42.54 km metro system and Mumbai’s 18.6 km Dahisar – D.N. Nagar metro line, they have gotten down to work already! Recently they updated the career page of their website with new job postings to staff the projects and execute it as per the deadlines agreed upon with the state governments of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
1) ADVT No. DMRC/PERS/22/HR/2015 (82) – Requirement of General Manager (Electrical) for DMRC’s Consultancy Project for KOCHI / VIJAYWADA / VISHAKHAPATNAM on Direct Recruitment Basis
2) ADVT No. DMRC/PERS/22/HR/2015 (80) – Requirement of Project Director / Vishakhapatnam (PD/Vishakhapatnam) on Direct Recruitment / Re-employment Basis
Both these positions will have a critical role in executing the Vizag metro project whose Detailed Project Report was approved by the Andhra Pradesh cabinet on November 17. Previously in September, they had entrusted the DMRC to execute these 3 lines:
• Line 1 – Gajuwaka to Kommadi – 30.38 km with stations at Kommadi Junction, Hanumanthawaka Junction, Maddilapalem, Gurudwara Junction, Akkayyapalem, Kancharapalem, Muralinagar, Government Polytechnic College, Thatichetlapalem, Kancharapalem, Murali Nagar, GSI, NAD Junction, Visakhapatnam International Airport, Sheela Nagar, BHPV, Auto Nagar and Gajuwaka.
• Line 2 – Gurudwara Junction to Old Post Office – 5.25 km with stations at BVK College, RTC Complex, Dabagardens, Saraswati Circle, Poorna Market and Old Post Office.
• Line 3 – Thatichetlapalem to Chinna Waltair – 6.91 km with stations at New Railway Colony, Railway Station, Allipuram Junction, RTC Complex, Siripuram Junction, Andhra University and Chinna Waltair.
Here’s a map I’ve made which shows the alignment of the 3 lines:
1) ADVT No. DMRC/PERS/22/HR/2015 (81) – Requirement of General Manager (Electrical) / Mumbai on direct recruitment / Re-employment basis
This position will play an important role in the construction of the 18.6 km Dahisar – DN Nagar section of Line 2 for which the DMRC signed an agreement with the MMRDA JUST 9 days ago! The elevated line will consist of 17 stations at: Dahisar, Dahisar West, Rushi Sankul, IC Colony, LIC Colony, Don Bosco, Kastur Park, Ekta Park, Kandivali Nagar, Charkop, Malad, Kasturi Park, Bangur Nagar, Oshiwara, Samarth Nagar, Shastri Nagar and DN Nagar where it will form an interchange with the existing station of the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar line.
Here’s a map which shows the Dahisar – DN Nagar section of Line 2 in Blue:
The swiftness with which the DMRC has gotten down to work to staff these projects is nothing but outstanding. Their work ethic really needs no introduction and is something that other metro organizations *Cough* BMRCL…MMRC *Cough* must emulate pronto.
For more updates on Mumbai & Vizag’s Metro, check out the Mumbai & Vizag sections of the Metro Rail Guy!
Haha, loved the *cough* part! 😀
Dear , I narinder wants to work in metro. I have 18 years working experience, 15 years abroad. Now wants to be settle in India. I am diploma holder mechanic.
Advise please thanking you ,
Metro Experience 12 years
Now presently working in Doha Metro Gold line project from Nov.2015.
Want to Join Visakhapatnam Metro.
Please advise me.
Any Latest update on Vizag Metro ?
I am diploma in civil engineer . I want to Metro jobs . And I have h 4 years Indian experience of metro job for jama masjid station cc05 l&t project