So back in early June, I published a post displaying the alignment of Bangalore Metro’s 13.92 km Dairy Circle – Nagawara underground section of the 72 km Phase 2 project based on a document prepared by AECOM, a global engineering design firm, which got appointed as Line-4’s detailed design consultant (DDC) in 2015-16.
Now the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL) has come out with a highly detailed Google map of their own featuring all 12 stations including the south ramp from where trains will enter/exit the tunnels towards the Swagath Road Station and onward to the multi-level Jayadeva Interchange Station on the line’s 7.50 km elevated Swagath Cross – Gottigere section.
Civil construction bids for this underground section’s tunnels, stations, ramps and other allied infrastructure were invited in late-June for four packages and contracts are expected to be awarded in 2018:
• Package 1 – Dairy Circle, MICO Industries, Langford Town
• Package 2 – Vellara Road, MG Road, Shivaji Nagar
• Package 3 – Cantonment, Pottery Town, Tannery Road
• Package 4 – Venkateshpura, Arabic College, Nagawara
The BMRCL’s map, currently linked up on their redesigned Home Page, has been embedded below. You can zoom in to it as much as you want –
Some pointers –
• The location of the Cantonment Station has drastically changed and will now be located further east, roughly a km away from the Cantonment Railway Station on a corporation playground used by Abdul Bari’s Primary and High School on Haines Road. This change could have been due to the ease of land acquisition or to minimize the length of the tunnels to bring construction cost down.
• The Vellara Station’s location is confirmed to be a little north of Baldwin Boys’ High School near Shoolay Circle. Reader Oswald earlier pointed this out in the comments section by looking at KIADB’s land acquisition notification. Hat tip to him.
• The Arabic College Station’s site will be closer to the Nagawara Main Road while the Nagawara Station’s site will be closer to the Outer Ring Road’s intersection. The location of the rest match up and remain unchanged from what was earlier posted.
• It would have nice if the 7.50 km Swagath – Gottigere section’s alignment was also published. That would have cleared a lot of questions that readers, users and local residents have.
Have I missed out on anything crucial? Drop a comment below.
For more updates, check out the Bangalore section of The Metro Rail Guy!