Continental Piling & Excavation Pvt Ltd. has been awarded with a Rs. 6.37 crore contract by the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) for conducting initial pile load testing for the construction of the Sarai Kale Khan – Anand Vihar and Sarai Kale Khan – Jangpura Stabling Yard line on the 82.15 km Delhi – Ghaziabad – Meerut line of the Regional Rapid Transit System.
The line will run in an elevated mode from Sarai Kale Khan to New Ashok Nagar and after that go underground for 5.8 km to emerge out at Anand Vihar’s Sahibabad Ramp. Bidding for both those sections is currently underway, and the award of this contract for pile load testing work helps shave off at least 2 months of time that the two assigned civil contractors would have typically taken prior to the start of construction.
The letter of acceptance was given to Continental on February 12, but the official award date has been registered as February 19.
This is the 4th initial pile load testing contract for the Delhi – Meerut line. The other 3 awarded are –
• Vaishali – Duhai section – awarded to Pinnacle Piling in March 2019 – civil construction is underway by APCO Infra – CRFG JV and KEC – CCECC JV
• EPE – Shatabdi Nagar secttion – awarded to Pinnacle Piling in Jan 2020
• Shatabdi Nagar – Modipuram section – awarded to Continental in Jan 2020
This is coincidentally Continental’s 4th contract on the entire RRTS system. The other 3 they won are –
• Feb 2019 – Gurugram (IDPL Complex) – Dharuhera section on the 164 km Delhi – Alwar Line
• Dec 2019 – Dharuhera – SNB section also on the 164 km Delhi – Alwar Line
• Jan 2020 – Shatabdi Nagar – Modipuram section on the 82.15 km Delhi – Meerut Line
For more updates, check out the NCR RRTS section of The Metro Rail Guy!