A consortium of AECOM – Systra MVA Consulting – Consulting Engineers Group (AECOM – SYSTRA – CEG) JV today emerged as the only bidder for the General Consultant (GC) contract for Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation’s upcoming proposed projects.
MahaMetro invited bids from global design and engineering firms for this service in December 2019 and expects the dedicated GC to assist them with the speedy implementation, through assistance in design, supervision, safety, quality control and contract management for the following projects –
- Nagpur Metro Rail Project Phase II with length of 48 Kms approx. with 25KV OHE system and Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) signaling (view project details)
- Pune Metro Rail Project Phase II with length of 31.5 Kms approx. with 25KV OHE system and Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) signaling (view some of the proposed lines)
- Thane Metro Rail Project with length of 31.5 Kms approx. with 25KV OHE system and Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) signaling (this project may no longer be active)
- Nashik MRTS NEO Project with length of 32 Kms approx (view project details)
- Other Works including Metro works to be assign to Maha-Metro.
Per the tender documents, the scope of the GC’s services will briefly cover consultancy for planning, preliminary design, proof checking of detailed designs, procurement, systems integration, contract administration, project management, construction/ erection supervision, testing and commissioning of Maha-Metro Project.
It’ll be interesting to see if MahaMetro proceeds with evaluating the JV’s bid or re-invites tenders to get more responses. Stay tuned to find out.
For more updates, check out the Home Page of The Metro Rail Guy!