Four structural engineering & design firms have submitted bids to provide Proof Consultancy services to Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) for the 2.95 km Kochi Metro Phase 1B project’s 1.163 km SN Junction – Thripunithura section.
KMRL originally invited bids for this service in April, received 2 bids in early June from STUP and Sree Giri, but ended up canceling the tender for unknown reasons. They then re-invited bids in late-June and today opened technical bids to reveal 4 bidders:
- Balaji Railroad Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- RITES Ltd.
- Sree Giri Consultants
- STUP Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Contract: KMRL/PRJ/DandP/117/2020/ PC/TEN-02/2020
Completion Period: 6 months
Title: Selection of proof consultancy services for the detailed structural design of the elevated viaduct and one elevated station from S.N. Junction to Thripunithura of phase 1B of Kochi Metro Rail Project”.
- The Consultant shall provide and complete the Consultancy Services, to the standards and in the manner, frequency, quantity and times specified in accordance with the Conditions of Contract, except for variations which have been agreed to in writing by the Employer.
- Proof consultant shall exercise reasonable skill, care and diligence in the performance of his obligations under the Agreement and in accordance with the prevailing standards of the profession and shall provide professional, objective and impartial advice and at all times hold the Employer’s interests paramount.
- The Services include the co-ordination between the DDC and employer. The Proof consultant shall obtain, co-ordinate and submit all the proof checked documents and drawings to the Employer for his information and approval. Such co-ordination will take place throughout the contract period.
Last Friday, KEC International Ltd. – Vijay Nirman Company Pvt. Ltd. (KEC – VNC) JV emerged as the lowest bidder to build this section of the line. When awarded, besides the Proof Consultant, KEC – VNC JV will be supported by LKT Engineering (Detailed Design Consultant) and Aarvee Associates (Project Management Consultant) to execute the Phase 1B project.
For more updates, check out the Kochi section of The Metro Rail Guy!