20 construction firms have submitted bids to construct 39.3 km Package 1 of the Solapur-Kurnool-Chennai Economic Corridor (NH-150C), which forms the southern section of what’s known as Surat – Chennai Expressway.
This new 1271 km six-lane access-controlled highway by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will have a mix of greenfield and brownfield-upgraded sections with an alignment passing by Nasik, Ahmednagar, Solapur, Kalaburgi, Kurnool, Kadappa & Tirupati to link Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana and Tamil Nadu.
Package 1 within Telangana will connect Karnataka-Telangana border at Raichur Gadwal road (km 202.900) to Julekal village (km 242.200). Its Detailed Project Report (DPR) was prepared by SM Consultants.
NHAI invited tenders for its construction by hybrid annuity model (HAM) in October 2021 with a 2 year deadline and Rs. 756.26 crore estimate. Technical bids were opened on Friday.
- Aurobindo Realty and Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- Bekem Infra Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- BSR Infratech India Ltd.
- BVSR Constructions Pvt. Ltd.
- Dilip Buildcon Ltd.
- Dineshchandra R Agrawal Infracon Pvt. Ltd.
- DP Jain and Company Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- G R Infraprojects Ltd.
- KMV Projects Ltd.
- KNR Constructions Ltd.
- KPC Projects Ltd.
- Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Ltd.
- Montecarlo Ltd.
- Oriental Structural Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
- PNC Infratech Ltd
- PSK Infrastructures and Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- Ravi Infrabuild Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- Rithwik Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- SRC Infra Developers Pvt. Ltd.
- VDB Projects Pvt. Ltd.
Brief Scope: Construction of 6-Lane Access Controlled Greenfield Highway section of NH-150C from KN/TS border (Start from Raichur Gadwal road) (D. Ch. km 202.900) to Julekal Village (D. Ch. km 242.200) ( length 39.300 km) on HAM under BMP in Telangana (PKG-I).
The bids have now been sent for technical bid evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor.
NHAI last week received 14 bids for Package 2 within Telangana (Julekal village to Kurnool) – see bidder list.
I’ve created 3 new information pages for this project – check them out for project details, tender list and status:
- 1271 km Surat – Chennai Expressway
- 564 km Surat – Solapur Economic Corridor
- 707 km Solapur – Chennai Economic Corridor
For more updates, check out the Expressway section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? See how you can get early-access to updates and support the site over here.