L&T Infrastructure Engineering Ltd. has announced they’ve been awarded the Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) contract for the upcoming Navi Mumbai Airport’s Phase 1 project.
This new airport in Panvel & Ulwe, Maharashtra by CIDCO is being developed by the Adani Group-led Navi Mumbai International Airport Limited (NMIAL) with a 4 phase master plan to handle over 60 million passengers per annum in the future.
Per L&T’s announcement on LinkedIn, their scope of work for the airside and landside’s development consists of the following works:
- Southern Runway of 3700m length Code 4F.
- Parallel Taxiway system of Approx. 5 Lakh sqm
- Apron area of approx. 4.3 Lakh sqm (including the Terminal, Cargo and GA aircraft stands and associated Taxi lanes)
- Airfield Ground Lighting of Category II
- Other Airside Infrastructure including Drainage and Airside roads
- Landside Infrastructure – Approach roads and Ramps and other related infrastructure
The tendering process was conducted by NMIAL internally, so the contract value and duration remains unknown to me at this time.
Site preparation works including construction of a rock fill embankment and subgrade work is currently underway by Ashoka Buildcon through a Rs. 262.17 crore contract awarded in 2021.
Here’s a video uploaded in May that shows the site’s current status and challenges being faced. A nice panorama is visible at the 00:43 mark.
Navi Mumbai Airport project’s details and old masterplan along with a video of its terminal’s old design can be viewed here.
For more updates, check out the Airports section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? See how you can get early-access to updates and support the site over here.