18 firms have bid for preparing a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the Patna – Purnia Expressway in Bihar after the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) opened technical bids on Wednesday.
This greenfield access-controlled highway under Bharamala Pariyojana Phase 2 will have a length of roughly 220 kms. It’s eastern terminal is expected to be located at Patna Ring Road’s Kachchi Dargah – Bidupur Bridge project.
NHAI invited tenders for this consultancy service in May 2022 with a 300 day completion deadline and unknown estimate.
- Aicons Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- C E Testing Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Consulting Engineers Group Ltd.
- Feedback Infra Pvt. Ltd.
- FP India Project Management Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
- LEA Associates South Asia Pvt. Ltd.
- Lion Engineering Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- L N Malviya Infra Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- Marc Technocrats Pvt. Ltd.
- Monarch Surveyors and Engineering Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- MSV International Inc.
- RITES Ltd.
- SA Infrastructure Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Sheladia Associates Inc
- STUP Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Theme Engineering Services Pvt. Ltd.
- TPF Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Voyants Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
NHAI’s Brief Scope: Consultancy Services for preparation of DPR for development of Greenfield Access Controlled Highway from Patna to Purnia in the State of Bihar under Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-II
The highway’s alignment is expected to pass through five districts — Vaishali, Samastipur, Saharsa, Madhepura and Purnia. It’ll run parallel to the Ganga river and pass north of Begusarai and Bhagalpur with a bridge over Kosi river near Simri Bakhtiyarpur.
The bids have now been sent for technical bid evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely consultant.
For more updates, check out the Expressway section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? See how you can get early-access to updates and support the site over here.