16 firms have submitted 29 bids for 408.77 km Atal Progressway (Chambal Expressway)’s first two civil construction contracts (Packages 3 & 4) in Madhya Pradesh.
This 4 lane greenfield expressway by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) under Bharatmala Pariyojna (BMP) will connect NH-27 in Seemalya Village near Kota district, Rajasthan with Nanawa village in Etwawah district, Uttar Pradesh.
The project’s alignment on the southern bank of Chambal River will pass through economically poorer regions of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Its Detailed Project Report (DPR) was prepared by L.N. Malviya Infra Projects – Pioneer Infra Consultants JV.
NHAI had invited tenders for package 3 & 4’s civil construction contracts in Madhya Pradesh under Hybrid Annuity Mode (HAM) in December 2022 with a 2 year deadline. Technical bids were opened today.
- APCO Infratech Pvt Ltd.
- Brij Gopal Construction Co. Pvt. Ltd.- Package 3 only
- CDS Infra Projects Ltd.
- Dilip Buildcon Ltd.
- Gawar Construction Ltd.
- G R Infraprojects Ltd.
- HG Infra Engineering Ltd.
- IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd.
- KCC Buildcon Pvt. Ltd.
- M G Contractors Pvt. Ltd. – Package 4 only
- KNR Constructions Ltd. – Package 3 only
- Montecarlo Ltd.
- Patel Infrastructure Ltd.
- PNC Infratech Ltd.
- Prakash Asphaltings and Toll Highways India Ltd.
- VRC Constructions (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Package Scope and Chainage
- Package 3 (MP): Km 94.100 (village sada ka pada in Sheopur Dist.) to km 155.00 (village Chhavar in Sheopur District)
- Package 4 (MP): Km 155.400 (vill Chhavar in Sheopur District) to km 206.000 (village Jhundpura in Morena Dist.)
The bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which will take about a month to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor.
Bids for packages 5 & 6 are currently scheduled to be opened on March 17, so stay tuned! A list of Atal Progressway’s packages, their scope and contractor status can be viewed here.
For more updates, check out the Expressway section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? Get early-access to updates and support the site over here.