9 Bidders for Khammam – Vijayawada Expressway’s Work in TS & AP
9 construction firms have bid to construct 89.43 km Khammam – Vijayawada Expressway (NH-163G) of the 405 km Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
This new 4 lane access-controlled highway by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will have a mix of greenfield and brownfield-upgraded sections with an alignment passing by Adilabad, Mancherial, Warangal and Khammam.
Construction of its Khammam – Vijayawada greenfield corridor will be carried out via 3 civil packages under the Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-I program with a goal to improve the efficiency of freight movement and boost exports via port connectivity.
NHAI had invited tenders for all 3 packages’ civil construction by hybrid annuity model (HAM) in December 2022 with a 2 year deadline. Technical bids were opened on Tuesday.
- Dineshchandra R Agrawal Infracon Pvt. Ltd – P1 & P3
- GR Infraprojects Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- HG Infra Engineering Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- Kalyan Toll Infrastructure Ltd. – P2 & P3
- KMV Projects Ltd. – P2 only
- KNR Constructions Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- Lakshmi Infrastructure And Developers India Pvt. Ltd. – P2 &P3
- Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Ltd. – P2 & P3
- Oriental Structural Engineers Pvt. Ltd. – P1 only
Package Scope and Chainage
- Package 1: V.Venkatayapalem village at Design Ch.220.480 Km to Brahmanapalli(K) village at Ch. 250.400
- Package 2: Brahmanapalli(K) village at Design Ch. 250.400 Km to Remidicherla village at Ch.280.200 Km
- Package 3: Remidicherla village at Design Ch.280.200 Km to Jakkampudi village (on NH-16) at Design Ch. 309.909
The bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor for each package.
Back in February, NHAI received 24 bids for Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor’s 112 km Mancherial – Warangal greenfield section in Telangana. Technical bid evaluation is currently underway.
A complete list of Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor’s packages, their contractors and status can be viewed here.
For more updates, check out the Expressway section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? Get early-access to updates and support the site over here.
It is shocking to see the distorted Indian map form Govt site. Hope the authorities correct it.
From Where did you pick up the image? Indian Map is wrong! It does not show UT of J&K as well as Ladakh as part of India.
Pls provide the link.
It’s on the govt’s environment clearance website: environmentclearance.nic.in
Search for a proposal using the keyword ‘khammam’, then visit the EC document prepared by the EIA consultant