CMRS Completes Inspecting Bangalore Metro’s Underground Section

That was QUICK! The Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety, SK Mittal, and his team from the Southern Railway yesterday completed the safety inspection of Bangalore Metro’s 4.8 km east-west underground section between MG Road & Magadi Road in a record 2 days! They worked continuously between 9-6 and didn’t request the BMRCL for any additional days. Speaking to the Deccan Chronicle, the CMRS said:

We will compile our report and observation within a week. 95 percent of the stretch is perfect, while there are some observations for the remaining 5 percent which I will reveal in the report.

What could the remaining 5% be? Perhaps interior & exterior works at Majestic station? Perhaps something related to the train’s speed & the radius of the curves at Cubbon Park and Sir. M Visveshwaraya College station? We’ll have to wait until the report comes out next week.

Purple line's underground section - view Bangalore Metro map and information

Purple line’s underground section – view Bangalore Metro map and information

The inspection was carried out at all 5 underground stations: Cubbon Park, Vidhana Soudha, Sir. M Visveshwaraya, Majestic and Bangalore City railway station.


CMRS coming back out from one of the stations on Day 1 – Photo Copyright: BMRCL O&M Wing

Lots of images of the inspection can be viewed here: [Pics] CMRS Inspects Bangalore Metro’s EW Underground Section

For more updates on the Bangalore metro, check out the Bangalore section of The Metro Rail Guy!

Share this post!
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterDigg thisShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on TumblrEmail this to someonePrint this page

written by

Global traveler who prefers mass rapid transit

7 Responses to "CMRS Completes Inspecting Bangalore Metro’s Underground Section"

  1. Sridhar D.V. says:

    Hello TMRG Team,

    Thanks for the update. You guys are really doing a great job. Perfect.

  2. Sridhar D.V. says:

    So glad to hear that the CMRS has completed the inspection at Majestic Metro. Hope that Metro service begins soon at this stretch. Only concern is that of the BRRCL completing their remaining structural work.

    Sridhar D.V.

  3. Chandra Bhushan says:

    Lets wait for Mr.S.K.Mittal report and please let us know what is 5%??

  4. Sujith says:

    Really hope they finish all the structural works and not end up making a hash of it like in Peenya station and try to disguise their failure by advertising it as some stupid art station. It has to be clean, complete and world class at the end of it all

  5. sharavana says:

    what is that 5% work which is not meeting the guidelines of CMRS ? is it very important ?

  6. Murli says:

    The west bound underground platform at majestic station as seen in the picture seems very narrow. Majestic station will be the most crowded and I see this narrow platform area as a big risk.

  7. Varun says:

    Hello, can put some pics for Bangalore city railway metro station, what connection we can see for this one?


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *