Yesterday evening at about 5 pm, a TBM deployed by the FEMC-Pratibha JV (CC-23) made a breakthrough at the Panchsheel Park station on the new 38.235 km Magenta line! This TBM bored a roughly 635m long tunnel for the line’s up-line after being launched from the Chirag Delhi station in July.
This is the third breakthrough recorded at Panchsheel Park. The first two were made from the Hauz Khas station side a couple months ago:
The fourth TBM breakthrough at this station for the down-line tunnel is expected to be made in about 2 months from now. With this breakthrough out of the way, only the following 8 tunnel sections are remaining to be completed on the entire 38.235 km Magenta line:
- Shankar Vihar – Vasant Vihar (down-line)
- Vasant Vihar – Munirka (up-line)
- Vasant Vihar – Munirka (down-line)
- Panchsheel Park – Chirag Delhi (down-line)
- Chirag Delhi – Greater Kailash (up-line)
- Chirag Delhi – Greater Kailash (down-line)
- Greater Kailash – Nehru Enclave (up-line)
- Greater Kailash – Nehru Enclave (down-line)
See a complete list of Phase III tunnels and their status in my December 2015 update.
For more updates on Delhi Metro’s Phase III, check out the Delhi section of The Metro Rail Guy!