I can’t believe it, but today marks the 1st anniversary of The Metro Rail Guy! On July 11, 2015, I embarked on an epic journey that has allowed me to share unique updates on the progress of India’s metro systems. You’ve followed along as I wrote my first post, covered 25+ TBM breakthroughs (1st & last), covered the launch of new metro stretches in Delhi & Bangalore, shared some amazing images throughout the site, and much more. I started this blog to share what I know and what I love, and I’m so happy that you’ve been able to follow along for that journey.
TMRG in Numbers
Here’s a look at the past one year of The Metro Rail Guy in numbers:
- Seen nearly 950,000 page views with 3/4ths of that recorded in the last 6 months
- Grown my Twitter handle to more than 2700 followers
- Grown my LinkedIn profile to more than 3700 connections
- Grown my Facebook page to more than 6000 likes
- Watched my readers spend more than 31,700 hours on the site
- Featured twice (that I know of) in the media – on TOI and DNA
- Traveled on 3 new metro systems – in Athens, Paris and Miami
I love traveling – be it international, short-haul domestic or road trips over the weekend. Some of the updates you’ve seen were actually written from a hotel bed or drafted on a flight.
Support the Site
Blogging eats up a lot of my spare time and it’s not just writing, researching content or liaising with industry engineers & professionals. You have to do other things, like answering readers’ questions via e-mail & comments, promoting the site and trying to make sure the site runs smoothly.
When I first started, I was getting about 7 page views a day and most of them were just from me. Two months later it was 100x of that and it continues to grow to this day. It would have been very easy for me to just give up when I started out, but I always believed that my content compared to India’s major media houses was better researched, holistic and deserved more traffic, so I kept going.
Here are some things you can do:
- Tell other people about the site. The biggest Thank You you can give me is a recommendation – whether it is a personal recommendation, a link on social media or just sharing my links when relevant on different sites and social media platforms.
- Tell me about updates I miss. It’s difficult to cover each update out there, so if you see something that you think would fit on the site (e.g construction update, milestone, approval or notice inviting tenders), then drop me a message via the contact page to let me know!
The Metro Rail Guy has come a long way since it started, and I can’t thank you enough for your continued support and loyal readership. Here’s to one (and many more) years!