CCECC – KEC Resumes Work for Delhi Metro Phase 4’s Line-8 Extn

KEC International Ltd. on Thursday night announced the resumption of work at their casting yard in Mundka for a 12.375 km elevated extension (DC-01) of Delhi Metro’s Line-8 (Magenta Line) between the Vikaspuri Ramp and Haiderpur-Badli Mor Station, after being suspended for more than a month due to the nationwide COVID-19 related lockdown.

China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation – KEC International (CCECC – KEC) JV’s Package DC-01 is the first section of the 61.679 km (and growing) Delhi Metro Phase 4 project on which work started in December 2019 with a deadline of 30 months.

This package combined with other civil packages, DC-03R, DC-05 & DC-06 (see package & status details), will form a 28.92 km extension of Line-8 from Janakpuri West towards RK Ashram through 22 new stations.

DC-01 includes 10 elevated stations at Keshopur, Paschim Vihar, Peeragarhi, Mangolpuri, West Enclave, Pushpanjali, Deepali Chowk, Madhuban Chowk, Prashant Vihar & North Pitampura.

Magenta Line’s DC-01 Route Map: Vikaspuri Ramp to Haiderpur-Badli Mor – view Delhi Metro Phase 4 map & info
U-girder rebar cages getting assembled – Photo Copyright: KEC International
Two rolling gantry cranes onsite to move machinery and U-girders around the yard – Photo Copyright: KEC International
1 casting bay in use with another one getting constructed, viewed from on-top of a rolling gantry crane – Photo Copyright: KEC International

The yard in west Delhi will in the future churn out U-girders, I-girders, pier caps and parapet wall segments for the viaduct. More images of it, shared in February 2020 when it was being setup, can be viewed here.

At 12.375 km, DC-01 is the second longest civil construction package for a metro project in India. The longest is package CC-06 built by Larsen & Toubro for Delhi Metro’s Phase 3 project. The scope of that included constructing a 13.875 km viaduct of the Violet Line from Badarpur to Escorts Mujesar in Faridabad with 9 stations.

For more updates, check out the Delhi section of The Metro Rail Guy!

– TMRG

Sign Up to Receive Instant Notifications

Enter your email address below to receive notifications of new posts

written by

Global traveler who prefers mass rapid transit

9 Responses to "CCECC – KEC Resumes Work for Delhi Metro Phase 4’s Line-8 Extn"

1. Rajkamal Singh says:

Boom placer Opretor ki jarurat hai

• TMRG says:

Sirjee, mein yahaan pe news / updates ke baare mein likhta hoon. Mere paas koi job nahi hai. Kripya contractor se direcly baat kijiye.

2. Sher Khan says:

Dear sir.

Recently, I completed cooperative experience with DMRC Project & construction company where I perform the responsibility in the department of safety officer. I believe my background and experience will help me to be an asset of your company in a very short time. I have around 10.4 years’ experience of safety officer. I am equally comfortable working independently or as a part of team. I am looking for a profile, which should give me a great value addition in terms of skills. Kindly look in to my candidature for the post you have. I can assure you that I would be able to meet all your expectations. If you favour me, with an appointment, I shall do my best to work to the entire satisfaction of my superiors and I will prove myself as an asset of your organizations.
    Thanks & Regards
    Sher khan
    Mobile.9891735348

• TMRG says:

Hi, I write about metro updates / developments, and have no jobs available. Please reach out to the contractor directly.

3. Sanjay Panday says:

sir I am govt contractor all type Civil and Mechanical work manpower supply

4. PARMOD KUMAR says:

do you need any hyderolic crane

5. amit sharma says:

hi, i am going to buy a property near Peeragarhi Chwok, can you help me to understand if that particular property falls of do not falls under phase 4 expansion plan of Magenta Line.

• TMRG says:

Peeragarhi Chowk is where the Magenta / Green line interchange will be located – see the map above. I don’t have any further information.

6. Khurshid alam says:

Me as a gantry crane operator work Mumbai metro. 4year+ experience specialy u_girder and pier Cape. Mumbai metro line 2.line 7. And line 4. I work this project.
    I request to kce international group. If gantry crane operator is required there please inform me.
    My contact no. 8178686582

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!