9 Bidders for Chennai Metro Line-4’s General Consultant Contract
Moments ago, Chennai Metro Rail Ltd. (CMRL) opened bids from design engineering and project management firms to reveal that 9 bidders, all in a joint venture, had submitted Expression of Interest (EOI) proposals for Chennai Metro Line-4’s General Consultant (GC) contract.
The 26.09 km east-west Line-4 will connect Lighthouse with Poonamallee Bypass via Porur through 30 stations, 18 elevated and 12 underground, in the 118.9 km Chennai Metro Phase 2 project.
CMRL had invited EOI proposals / applications on January 11, 2020 to assign a General Consultant with an objective to assist them in the preparation and speedy implementation of the project. Per the notice, a consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality-Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method.
- JV of M/s AECOM ASIA COMPANY LIMITED, M/s Systra and M/s. CONSULTING ENGINEERS GROUP LIMITED
- JV of M/s Egis Rail SA, M/s MM SPA, M/s Italferr SPA and M/s Surbano Jurong Infrastructure Pte Ltd
- JV of M/s Louis Berger SAS, M/s Geodata Engineering SpA and M/s Hill International Inc
- JV of M/s TPF Getinsa Eurostudios S.L, M/s Artelia SAS & M/s Rodic Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- JV of M/s RITES Ltd, M/s Nippon Koei India Pvt. Ltd, M/s Nippon Koei Co. Ltd, M/s Arup India Pvt. Ltd and Ove Arup & Partners International Ltd.
- JV of M/s Dar Al-Handasah Consultants (Shair and Partners) s.a.l. (DAR), BALAJI RAILROAD SYSTEMS Pvt. LTD (BARSYL) and China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Co. Ltd. (CREEC)
- JV of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH, Ayesa Ingeniería y Arquitectura, S.A.U, Korea Rail Network Authority and Dohwa Engineering Co. Ltd
- JV of M/s RINA Consulting SPA and Yuksel Proje Uluslararasi A.S
- JV of M/s AudingIntraesa SA Spain, M/s Tata Consulting Engineers Limited, India and M/s STUP Consultants Pvt. Ltd, India.
This consultancy service will be financed by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). In December 2019, AIIB approved a concept proposal to lend USD 356.65 million (approx. Rs. 2700 crore) to finance a part of Line-4’s construction including support and technical assistance required by CMRL.
Back in 2019, a consortum of Nippon Koei India Pvt. Ltd., Aarvee Associates Architects Engineers & Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and Balaji Railroad Systems Pvt. Ltd were awarded a General Consultancy contract, valued at Rs. 348.1 cr (5.4 billion yen), for the 52.01 km priority section (Line-3 & Line-5) of Chennai Metro’s Phase 2 project.
For more updates, check out the Chennai section of The Metro Rail Guy!
I think this Chennai metro project will take another 10-20yrs to cm up..tn govt learn from Delhi n Bangalore hw fast the work is done thr with all facilities.
Main competitors are 1, 4 and 7 only.
This is nothing to do with TN Govt,
Ours is also fairly a fast project only
We chennai people to patronise more and not to compare with the TN bus service
How’s AECOM to work there as a Jr Planning Engineer ? Reviews and help would be appreciated…
Maybe someone here can chime in. If not, check out reviews on GlassDoor and Indeed.
Don’t allow any Chinese company get the contract.
Sahi bola, in sabhi Chinese company kho desh se nikhalo. Also, Banglore Metro needs to terminate the Banglore Metro phase 2 rolling stock contract from Chinese CRRC, and reinvite tender.