Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) today invited bids for the supply of tracks / rails for use on the 73.92 km Bangalore Metro Phase 2 project‘s under construction lines.
These special rails, conforming to 60E1 – 880 grade as per Indian Railway Specification T-12-2009, are manufactured through a special heat treatment process to provide additional strength, lower residual stress, elongate track-life and minimize maintenance.
No further details on this contract’s quantity or line deployment have been revealed in the tender notice, so these could either be laid on the 19.143 km Yellow Line (Line-3 / Reach 5) connecting RV Road – Silkboard – Electronic City – Bommansandra OR on the 21.386 km Line-4 (Reach 6 / Pink Line) connecting Nagawara – Kalena Agrahara (Gottigere).
Tender Notification No: BMRCL/Phase-2/60 E1 880 Grade Rails /RT01/2020/68
Scope: Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., (BMRCL) a Joint Venture of Government of Karnataka and Government of India, invites tender through National Competitive Bidding (Single stage – Two Envelope System) from eligible, qualified, reputed and experienced Suppliers (JV/Consortium is permitted) for the “Supply of 60E1 880 Grade Rails as per Indian Railway Specification T-12-2009 for Bangalore Metro Rail Project, Phase-2”.
- Period of Completion: 12 months
- Sale of Documents: 10.07.2020 to 10.08.2020
- Date & Time of Submission: 13.08.2020 to 19.08.2020
This is the third such rail/track laying contract for the Phase 2 project. Prior to this, BMRCL awarded contracts to:
- Texmaco Rail and Engineering for the supply of 60E1 – 880 grade rails in May 2018 for Rs. 521 crore.
- Mitsui & Co. for the supply of 60E1 – 1080 grade head hardened rails in December 2019 for a combined contract value of $10.8 million USD & Rs. 4.08 crore.
For more updates, check out the Bangalore section of The Metro Rail Guy!