Delhi Metro Rail Corporation today invited bids for the supply of 3500 MT of 90 UTS, UIC 60, 13 m, Class “A” 880 Grade Rails for use across various depots on the Delhi Metro network and Mumbai Metro’s upcoming 15.18 km Line-6 (Pink Line)’s Kanjurmarg Depot.
The scope of this tender includes supplying 2000 MT to Delhi’s existing depots for replacing or augmenting six depots, and 1500 MT to Mumbai where a depot east of Kanjurmarg Village will service and stable trains on a new line connecting Swami Samarth Nagar (Lokhandwala) with Vikhroli through 13 stations.
- Line 1: Shastri Park Depot
- Line 3 & 4: Yamuna Bank & Najafgarh Depot
- Line 6: Sarita Vihar & Ajronda Depot (information)
- Airport Express Line: Dwarka Sector-8 Depot
- Kanjur Marg Depot of Line-6 Corridor of Mumbai Metro Rail Project
Per the tender documents, the appointed manufacturer will be responsible for the production of these rails as per Indian Railway Specification T-12-2009, inspection & testing, loading, unloading, transportation & delivery to DMRC’s stores.
Contract No: CT-38 (link)
Scope: Supply of 3500 MT 90 UTS, UIC 60, 13 m, Class “A” 880 Grade Rails, IRS-T-12-2009 for (A) DMRC Depot. Extensions at Delhi of Delhi MRTS Project and (B) Kanjur Marg Depot of Line-6 Corridor of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimate: Rs. 24.55 Crore
- Completion period of work: 12 months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 19.08.2020 at 1100 hrs
- Tender submission start date: 26.08.2020 from 1100 Hrs
- Tender submission end date: 02.09.2020 up to 1600 Hrs
- Date & Time of opening of Tender (Technical Bid online): 03.09.2020 at 1600 Hrs
|Installment no. 1 – 2000 MT of 90 UTS, UIC 60, 13 m, Class “A” 880 Grade Rails, IRS-T-12-2009||Within 6 Months at Delhi/NCR Store of DMRC|
|Installment no. 2 – 1500 MT of 90 UTS, UIC 60, 13 m, Class “A” 880 Grade Rails, IRS-T-12-2009||Within 12 Months at Mumbai Store of DMRC|
This is the first systems-related contract for Mumbai Metro’s Line-6. Until now, the following civil contracts have been awarded (view all contracts)
|Package 01R1: IIT Powai – Vikhroli (4.771 km viaduct & 3 stations)||J Kumar Infraprojects Ltd.|
|Package 02R: Shyam Nagar – IIT Powai (4.329 km viaduct & 5 stations)||MBZ-EIIL JV|
|Package 03: Swami Samarth Nagar – Shyam Nagar (6.079 km viaduct & 5 stations)||J Kumar Infraprojects Ltd.|