Per National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)’s updated website, URC Construction and Metcon-CP JV in April were each awarded 1 lot of the 82.15 km Delhi – Meerut RRTS Line‘s Package 11.
NCRTC had invited bids for this package in October 2020 dealing with architectural finishing and electrical & mechanical (E&M) works at 11 elevated stations. They estimated it to cost a combined USD 24.88 million (approx. 182 crore) and with a deadline to complete work in 3.73 and 4.06 years.
Package 11 Lot-1
Brief Scope: Architectural Finishing for 2 Elevated Stations (viz. Sarai Kale Khan and New Ashok Nagar Stations) and E and M Work from Sarai Kale Khan to New Ashok Nagar DN Ramp of Delhi – Ghaziabad – Meerut RRTS Corridor.
Both of these stations within Delhi are part of Package 6 which was awarded to Afcons Infrastructure in October 2020. Civil construction work started in January 2021 with the first pier getting ready in June.
- Bidders (8): Metcon-CP JV, Jakson, Canon Fasteners, Bucon Infratech, Himcon Engineers, URC Construction, Montecarlo, Brawn Globus Turnkey Solution
- Awarded to: Metcon India Reality and Infrastructure – C.P. Associates JV (view letter of acceptance)
- Value: Rs. 63.35 crore
Package 11 Lot-2
Brief Scope: Architectural Finishing for 9 Elevated Stations and E and M work from Duhai (EPE) to start of Partapur Station and Begumpul UP Ramp to Modipuram of Delhi – Ghaziabad – Meerut RRTS Corridor.
The 9 stations here are located at Duhai, Murad Nagar, Modinagar South, Modinagar North, Meerut South, Partapur, Rithani, MES Colony, Daurli, Meerut North, Modipuram. They’re a part of Package 3 and Package 7 – both awarded to Larsen & Toubro in March and November 2020 respectively, with ground work starting in July and December respectively.
- Bidders (2): Jakson and URC Construction
- Awarded to: URC Construction Pvt. Ltd. (view letter of acceptance)
- Value: Rs. 150.44 crore
A list of the Delhi – Meerut RRTS project’s packages (civil & systems) and their status can be viewed here.
I’m currently missing information about the winners for the following 3 packages where financial (price) bids have been opened. If someone knows, just leave a comment below or shoot me a message via the contact page.
- Package 10: Architectural Finishing and Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) systems at 7 elevated stations – there were 6 bidders
- Package 12B (2 lots): Roof-work at 12 elevated stations – 3 bidders submitted a bid for each lot (total 6 bids)
- Package 16 (2 lots): 2000 MT of 1080 Grade Head-Hardened and 4000 MT of regular 880 Grade rails within Duhai Depot, Modipuram Depot and Jangpura Stabling Yard – 2 bids were received for Lot-1 and 1 bid for Lot-2 (bidder names are unknown)
Here’s a fantastic new video by NCRTC with flybys and views from across different construction sites. Like STEC in Anand Vihar, Afcons in Bhaisali has started station diaphragm works (visible at the 3:48 mark).