Five design & engineering firms have bid for the consultant contract to prepare a Feasibility Study Report for introducing a mass rapid transit system (MRTS) in Madurai.
Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMRL) invited bids for this contract in November right after Tamil Nadu’s state government made budgetary allocation for 2021-2022. CMRL’s estimate is unknown and they’d like the report to be completed and delivered within a 120 day deadline.
- Aarvee Associates Architects Engineers and Consultants
- Balaji Railroad Systems
- L&T Infrastructure Engineering
- Rina Consulting
Contract Title: DFRMaduraiMRTS2021
Brief Scope: Selection of Consultant for Preparation of Feasibility Study Report for introducing a Mass Rapid Transit System in Madurai city
Scope of Work
- To collect and examine available reports of previous studies, plans, CMP Report and other related with transportation scenario of Madurai Metropolitan Region.
- To collect primary transport network inventory data along with utilities within the Project Influence Area.
- To collect all the secondary information such as development plans, public transport routes.
- To conduct a review of the current situation in order to establish the existing condition and capacity of the public transport system.
All bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely consultant.