My post on Mumbai Metro Line-7 (Red Line)’s station names yesterday led to a minor storm on Twitter, so here’s a somewhat similar post on Line-2A’s finalized station names.
On May 20, Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) invited proposals to appoint a consultant for ‘Non-Fare Box Revenue Sources Study and Bid Process Management’ for Mumbai Metro’s 16.5 km Red Line/ Line-7 (Dahisar East – Gundavali) and 18.6 km Yellow Line / Line-2A (Dahisar East – DN Nagar).
Within the tender documents on page 65, MMRDA has published the finalized names of all 17 elevated stations on Line-2A.
List of Mumbai Metro Line-2A (Yellow Line) Stations (North to South)
- Dahisar East (interchange with Line-7 / Red Line)
- Upper Dahisar (formerly Anand Nagar)
- Kandarpada (formerly Rushi Sankul)
- Mandapeshwar (formerly IC Colony)
- Borivali (West) (formerly Don Bosco)
- Pahadi Eksar (formerly Shimpoli, then Shimpawali)
- Kandivali (West) (formerly Mahavir Nagar)
- Dahanukarwadi (formerly Kamraj Nagar)
- Valnai (formerly Charkop)
- Malad (West) (formerly Malad)
- Lower Malad (formerly Kasturi Park)
- Pahadi Goregaon (formerly Bangur Nagar)
- Goregaon (West) (formerly Goregaon)
- Oshiwara (formerly Adarsh Nagar)
- Lower Oshiwara (formerly Shastri Nagar)
- Andheri (West) (formerly DN Nagar, interchange with Line-1’s DN Nagar Station)
Line-2A (Yellow Line) Route Map
The names of all stations were finalized in November 2019 by MMRDA (see their signed doc below) and shared with all stakeholders of the project such as J Kumar Infraprojects (civil contractor) and AECOM (Detailed Design Consultant / DDC). Since then, Shimpawali Station (formerly Shimpoli) has been renamed to Pahadi Eksar.
Studio Archohm released the following render of Mandapeshwar Station (formerly IC Colony) in April 2020 through their Instagram page.
Just like the Red Line / Line-7’s Akurli Station whose design renderings they shared, this station could possibly be the first on Line-2A to get ready. We shall soon find out!
For more updates, check out the Mumbai section of The Metro Rail Guy!