Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) today opened bids from construction companies to reveal that ten firms had submitted tenders (bids) to remodel Ajronda Depot in Faridabad on Delhi Metro’s 46.63 km Violet Line that connects Kashmere Gate with Raja Nahar Singh in Ballabhgarh, Haryana.
This contract to remodel and increase Ajronda Depot’s capacity is part of the DMRC’s strategic plan to repurpose Sarita Vihar Depot for also stabling and maintaining trains on the Phase 4 project‘s upcoming 20.201 km Aerocity – Tughlakabad line in the future.
DMRC invited bids for its remodeling in mid-June with an estimated cost of Rs. 61.65 crore and expects the assigned contractor to complete all work within 21 months.
- Dharamraj Contracts India Pvt. Ltd.
- Dineshchandra R. Agrawal Infracon Pvt. Ltd.
- Ghaziabad Mechfab Pvt. Lt.d
- Lisha Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
- KR Anand and Contractors Pvt. Ltd.
- Pragati Construction Consultants
- Quality Buildcon Pvt. Ltd.
- SCC Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- Som Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- URC Construction Pvt. Ltd.
The bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is complete, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor for remodeling the depot’s infrastructure.
Brief Scope: Civil works for Remodeling, Construction of Ajronda Metro Depot cum Workshop and Inspection Bay Line including Design, Fabrication, Supply, Erection of Pre-Fabricated Steel Roof Structure, Roof Portals, Purlins, Sheeting etc. at Ajronda Metro Depot for Delhi MRTS Project.
The depot’s architectural drawing in the tender documents isn’t that clear, but here it is for whatever it’s worth –
Scope From Tender Document:
To Provide for maintenance facilities for the vehicles running on Line-6 corridor an expansion of Depot cum workshop at Ajronda in Faridabad is planned. The civil work including PEB to be undertaken in this contract consists of construction of various buildings on the site and civil works for workshops and inspection shed, stabling shed, interior cleaning and other utility Buildings include all the Design of Permanent & temporary works to be undertaken by a designer under arrangement of contractor including dismantling scheme of existing stabling shade in Ajronda Depot. The work also include tower wagon shed and its civil structure for Sarita Vihar Depots. (Existing architectural similarities to be maintained in the proposed PEB structure).
The Scope of works shall, inter-alia, include the following but not be limited to:
- Site clearance and dismantling of obstructions etc., before commencement of work as specified or as directed.
- True and proper setting out and layout of the works, bench marks and provisions of all necessary labour, instruments and appliances in connection therewith as specified or as directed.
- Provision of open foundation/raft slab/pile foundation/slab for different structures i.e. workshop/inspection/Bays shed, Stabling shed, Internal Cleaning Shed & Building, Workshop Offices, Canteen, Depot control Centre, civil works in stabling area etc. upto the minimum founding depths in accordance with the actual soil parameters as obtained from detailed subsurface exploration as specified or directed. Any additional investigations required for contractors arrangements will have to be done at the contractor’s cost. Suggested method is indicated in the drawings; however the methodology is required to be submitted by the tenderer and approved by DMRC before carrying out the works in this stretch. Adequate arrangements will have to be done by the contractor to stabilize the edge of excavated earth for raft/open foundation. All disposable excavated material shall be collected and transported for disposal in specified area or at any other land fill sites approved by relevant authorities.
- Provision of column, floor beams and slabs, lintels, chajjas, staircases, coping, fascia’s drops, mullions, cornices, overhead & retaining structures etc. as specified or as directed by Engineer.
- Staircases in steel/concrete as per details shown in tender drawings and as directed by the Engineer.
- Flexible and rigid pavement for arterial and feeder roads. Plinth protection work.
- Clearing of site and handing over of all the works, as specified or as directed;
- All aspects of quality assurance, including testing of materials and other components of the work, as specified or as directed;
- Maintenance of the completed work during the period as specified;
Submission of completion (i.e. ‘as-built’) drawing and other related documents as specified or as directed;
- Road works, internal & external water supply, sewerage and drainage system for depot etc.
- Construction of passages/trenches, ducts, cable duct for crossing of various cables in the depot.
- Any other items for work as may be required to be carried out for completing the work under this contract in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the contract and/or to be ensure the structural stability and safety during and after construction.
- Identification of utilities and diversions of the utilities coming in foundation area wherever required including protection during construction is included in the scope of works and shall be paid separately under relevant BOQ item. This shall be done with proper liaisoning with the authorities controlling the utilities. The shifting of electric cables and P&T cables are not included in the scope of this work.
Back in July, DMRC had opened technical bids for the track-work contract at Ajronda and Sarita Vihar depots to reveal 3 bidders.
Meanwhile, bids for remodelling Sarita Vihar Depot, further up north, are planned to be opened on August 10, so expect a similar post next week.
For more updates, check out the Delhi section of The Metro Rail Guy!