Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMRL) today published a notice requesting technical and financial proposals from 7 shortlisted bidders for Chennai Metro Line-4’s General Consultant (GC) contract.
The 26.09 km east-west Line-4 will connect Lighthouse with Poonamallee Bypass via Porur through 30 stations, 18 elevated and 12 underground, in the 118.9 km Chennai Metro Phase 2 project.
CMRL had originally invited EOI proposals / applications on January 11, 2020 to assign a General Consultant with an objective to assist them in the preparation and speedy implementation of the project.
On June 16, CMRL received EOI applications from 9 bidders out of which 2 have not qualified – (1) JV of M/s Auding Intraesa SA Spain, M/s Tata Consulting Engineers Limited, India and M/s STUP Consultants Pvt. Ltd, India., (2) JV of M/s Dar Al-Handasah Consultants (Shair and Partners) s.a.l. (DAR), Balaji Railroad Systems Pvt. Ltd. (BARSYL) and China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Co. Ltd. (CREEC).
- JV of M/s AECOM Asia Company Ltd., M/s Systra and M/s. Consulting Engineers Group Ltd.
- JV of M/s Egis Rail SA, M/s MM SPA, M/s Italferr SPA and M/s Surbano Jurong Infrastructure Pte Ltd
- JV of M/s Louis Berger SAS, M/s Geodata Engineering SpA and M/s Hill International Inc
- JV of M/s TPF Getinsa Eurostudios S.L, M/s Artelia SAS & M/s Rodic Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- JV of M/s RITES Ltd, M/s Nippon Koei India Pvt. Ltd, M/s Nippon Koei Co. Ltd, M/s Arup India Pvt. Ltd and Ove Arup & Partners International Ltd.
- JV of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH, Ayesa Ingeniería y Arquitectura, S.A.U, Korea Rail Network Authority and Dohwa Engineering Co. Ltd
- JV of M/s RINA Consulting SPA and Yuksel Proje Uluslararasi A.S
- Proposal Submission Deadline: Date: 1 October 2020 18:00 hrs
- Opening of Technical Proposal: 3 October 2020 at 10:00 hrs
- Opening of Financial Proposal: 16 November 2020 at 10:00 hrs
The GC’s selection is planned to be made on the Quality cum Cost Basis System (QCBS) method, with the winner scoring the highest points in Technical and Financial evaluation combined together.
This consultancy service will be financed by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). In December 2019, AIIB approved a concept proposal to lend USD 356.65 million (approx. Rs. 2700 crore) to finance a part of Line-4’s construction including support and technical assistance required by CMRL.
Bidding is currently underway for 2 civil packages of this line:
- Package C4-ECV-01: Power House to Porur Junction (7.955 km, 9 stations)
- Package C4-ECV-02: Porur – Poonamallee Bypass (7.945 km, 9 stations)
For more updates, check out the Chennai section of The Metro Rail Guy!