Simplex Lowest Bidder for B’lore’s Hessaraghatta Cross – BIEC Section
Yesterday, Simplex Infrastructures Ltd. emerged as the lowest bidder for constructing the 3.031 km Hessaraghata – BIEC extension of the 24.20 km Green Line after the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) opened all financial bids submitted by different infrastructure companies.
The BMRCL invited bids for this package, officially referred to as Reach 3C, of the 72 km Phase 2 project in October 2016 with an estimated cost of Rs 247 crore, and at this time it isn’t known which other firms qualified to the financial bid stage. Whenever that information or their financial bid values are available, I’ll update this post.
Update: Simplex’s financial bid’s value was Rs. 298.65 crores and they’ve been issued work-orders (LOI) as well:
This elevated extension in north Bangalore will be entirely elevated and consist of 3 stations at Manjunathanagar, Jindal and BIEC (Bangalore International Exhibition Center):
Ground-work for this section is expected to begin in May 2017, and I expect it open for commercial operations no sooner than 2021. As per BMRCL’s MD, work orders are going to be issued in the next 2 days making this the 4th of 13 (estimated) major civil contracts to be awarded so far for the 72 km Phase 2 project:
|Purple||2A||Mysore Road –
Pattanagere (3.945 km)
Anjanapura Twp (6.290 km)
Challeghata (4.869 km)
Hessaraghata (3.031 km)
Phase 2’s Status
Blue: Under Construction | Black: Financial Bids Opened | Purple: Bids Invited | Grey: Bids Yet to be Invited
In the past 12 months, Simplex Infrastructures has won contracts in Mumbai and Ahmedabad as well:
• NCC, Simplex & J Kumar Emerge as Lowest Bidders for Mumbai Metro
See last project update here
• Simplex Emerges Lowest Bidder for Ahmedabad’s Shreyas-Ranip Stretch
See last project update here
For more updates, check out the Bangalore section of The Metro Rail Guy!
Is this their 1st ever contract in Bangalore?
3rd contract. In Phase 1, they had 2:
1) Reach 2 viaduct (Magadi Road – Mysore Road) – 5.9 km
2) Reach 3 viaduct (Sampige Road – Yeshwanthpur) – 5 km
I m looking for opportunity to work at Bangalore metro.. I am having 3 yrs of exp with a uk based PMC mostly dealing with real estate projects
Hi, I’d recommend contacting BMRCL or various contractors associated with the project – see a complete list here
Is trilokpuri issue resolved. Old houses Will be demolished. Is the work going on.
Is there really a huge demand for this extension ? Or are they just doing it for future usage ?
1) BIEC is where all the biggest exhibitions are held in the city. Almost all the exhibitions are extremely crowded and delegates from all parts of the world arrive here and traffic is a very serious problem on those days.
2) NICE road starts exactly at this point and it is much easier to change mode of transport from this station for those people who travel to Magadi Road, Mysore Road, Kanakapura Road, Bannerghatta Road and Hosur Road from Tumkur Road side via NICE road.
3) There were some rare occasions when long distance buses were stopped here due to various reasons without allowing them inside the city. On such occasions this becomes very helpful.
4) There are lot of manufacturing industries and factory godowns in this area and hence there is significant population residing here.
All these reasons suffice for this extension. The distance is short as the lengthier part from Majestic is already covered as part of Ph 1.
Santosh – excellent response!
On a side note, BMRCL at one time was trying get BIEC to partially fund this extension, but they declined it.
To completer 3 KM elevated track, the project need 3 years
From your resources, can you please confirm the location of BIEC metro station. It will of great help, as my house is very close to BIEC.
Thanks in advance
Hi, BMRCL hasn’t revealed the line’s alignment & station locations, but it’s likely to come up on the west side of the main gate.
I have noticed you don’t monetize themetrorailguy.com, don’t waste your
traffic, you can earn extra bucks every month with new monetization method.
This is the best adsense alternative for any type of website (they approve all
websites), for more details simply search in gooogle: murgrabia’s tools